On this page, you will find all there is to know about the Software updates for Automachef on Nintendo Switch (originally released on July 23rd in Europe, North America, and Japan)
Click here for more Software updates!
Automachef – Patch 1
- Release date: August 21st 2019 (North America, Europe, Japan)
- Patch notes:
Quality of life improvements
- Players will now be asked if they want to save the game before returning to the Main Menu, so they can store their successful designs for the future.
- Added a button to skip the Robert’s speech at the beginning of a level.
- Added information regarding the maximum efficiency % achieved when playing a level in the level selection screen.
- Made a few tweaks to the music playlist to make music less repetitive when playing for an extended period of time.
- Shrink UI of Main Menu if using extreme aspect ratios (such as ultra widescreen monitors) so players can at least change the resolution.
- Improvements to the way the “kitchen efficiency” metric is calculated, to avoid punishing players too much for making dishes that do not have enough time to get delivered but were ordered by customers anyway. Now it’s possible to reach 100% efficiency in most levels if using a decent layout that doesn’t waste ingredients or energy.
- Changed the default value for order readers to be “perform 1 action” instead of 3, as that is probably the most frequent use case.
- Altered the way the Robert’s speech bubble is rendered, so the text is not constantly moving around while they speak.
- Bug fix: warning and prompt dialogue now scale accordingly to the player’s screen resolution.
- Bug fix: long robotic arms would sometimes work inconsistently when picking up objects across a conveyor belt bridge.
- Bug fix: placing two robotic arms next to an assembler output could sometimes make one of them to end up in an invalid state.
- Bug fix: some specific blueprint designs could cause the thumbnail to be generated incorrectly, cutting up a part of the machines.
- Additional notes: none
- Source: Team17
How to download updates for Automachef for the Nintendo Switch?
To download the updates for Automachef, you have three options:
- let the console do its thing if you have automatic downloads activated, and didn’t completely turn it off
- try to launch the game from the Home Menu while being connected to the internet. You should get a prompt when doing so: simply follow the instructions on screen;
- select the game > press either + or – to go to the Options page > select Software update > select Via the Internet.
To check that you have the latest version installed, simply select the game on the Home Menu, and press – or + to go to the Options: the version number is displayed just below the game title.