Today (January 30th), Nintendo released a brand new Software update for Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp, that brings the game to Ver. 2.1.0. This one is quite meaty, as it brings several new features, alongside the usual improvements and Quality of Life adjustments.
Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp Ver. 2.1.0 – Blather’s Treasure Trek
The first new feature is a minigame called Blather’s Treasure Trek. To play it, you need some maps, that you can get from completing Animal requests, balloon presents, or Gulliver’s Cargo Ship. Once you have, you can send Blather on a trek for some juicy treasure! In order to make Blather move, you need to roll the die, which is something that actually requires Bells or craft materials.
Depending on the space he lands on, you could end up with some items, new Animal friends, and more. Of course, you can call those new friends to your campsite or cabin, if you want. And for those of you who are loaded with Leaf Tickets, you can actually use some to clear all the spaces on the map and get all the rewards instantly without doing anything thanks to the Instantly Clear the Map feature.
By the way, Nintendo specifies that maps that allow you to meet new Animals are only found at Gulliver’s Cargo Ship.
Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp Ver. 2.1.0 – Pete’s Parcel Service
Do you need help completing Animals’ requests? If yes, don’t worry: Pete is there for you! Thanks to his newly launched service (just go talk to him on the map after reaching Level 3), you can see a list of the requests Animals have for you at the moment. If you happen to have something they want, you can have Pete deliver them directly!
By the way, this service only shows requests from animals you have already met.
In order to accomodate this new feature (there are some requests Pete cannot complete), the developers made a few changes to the game:
- Requests that involve selecting clothes or giving a gift to another animal have been classified as Animal requests, but now will appear when you select the “What’s the latest?” or “Let’s talk” dialogue options;
- Animals will no longer ask you about recommended fishing spots.
Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp Ver. 2.1.0 – Garden improvements
This new version of the game offers various improvements for the Gardening feature. You can now do more right from your friends’ details page:
- you can now water all your friends’ flowers at once
- you can now confirm which rare creatures your friends need to complete Garden tasks during a Garden Event
- you can now share rare creatures with your friends in batch during a Garden Event
Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp Ver. 2.1.0 – Max Friendship Level Increase
Friendship truly knows no bounds… The maximum friendship level has been increased from 25 to 30!
Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp Ver. 2.1.0 – New Local Produce Fruits
This new Software update adds new fruits to Breezy Hollow and Lost Lure Creeks:
However, there’s a catch: only one of those fruits will grow in your recreation spot, you will have to trade with your friends to get the others!
Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp Ver. 2.1.0 – Updated Campsite Camera
This update makes some changes to the camera controls in your campsite, cabin, and camper. While in camera mode, you can now switch between modes that allow you to turn and move the camera around. As a result of this, it’s no longer possible to adjust the camera outside of camera mode.
Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp Ver. 2.1.0 – More Updates and Resolved Issues
Here’s a couple more updates included in Ver. 2.1.0:
- the camper ladder button that was removed in Ver. 2.0.0 now displays correctly;
- Other display changes.
Finally, the developers went and fixed the following issues:
- if you pick a lost item and take it to your campsite, the lost item will not register as being found;
- if you have placed the maximum amount of furniture or clothing in your cabin, you may been unable to change the wallpaper, flooring, or rug;
- the model for black loafers was showing as tasseled loafers;
- Display issues.
Source: Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp