Spike-Chunsoft have shared some more details about AI: The Somnium Files (recently delayed to September), this time focusing on 6 of the sub-characters found in the game.
Here’s details about them:
- Renju Okiura (voiced by Kenji Hamada): owns Lemniscate, the entertainment company that Iris belongs to. He’s also the manager of the maid café Sunfish Pocket. It’s said him and Kaname Date (the protagonist) have been close friends for 5 years already;
- Hitomi Sagan (voiced by Sayaka Oohara): Iris’s mother, who doesn’t have a husband. Her parents died in an accident when she was 17 years old. She ended up raising Iris on her own. She cannot use her right hand due to an injury;
- Shouko Nadami (voiced by Yuu Kobayashi): she was found dead at the merry-go-round of the Bloom Park amusement park (now in ruins), on a Friday night in November. Her left eye had been gouged out;
- Sou Sejima (voiced by Naomi Kusumi): used to be poor, but joined the upper-class within a single generation. As a result, he has quite the complex towards that upper-class, which is the source of many of his desires;
- Mama (voiced by Kenta Miyake): the owner of the Marble, a Snack Bar located in Shinjuku. Kaname Date and Renju Okiura are both regulars, and they know its owner fairly well. Mama is pretty knowledgeable when it comes to the underworld, and in fact, doubles as an informant;
- Mayumi (voiced by Toshiko Sawada): Ota Matsushita’s mother. More than 30 years ago, she and her husband contracted a large debt by opening a restaurant called “Matsushita Shokudo” (lit. Matsushita Eatery), located near Amagasaki. She’s been working there since then. She’s been quite forgetful lately.
Here’s artworks for each one of the 6 sub-characters introduced today:
AI: The Somnium Files (Switch) comes out on September 17th in North America, September 19th in Japan, and September 20th in Europe.