Pokémon Sun and Moon: Software updates (latest: Ver. 1.1)
On this page, you will find all there is to know about the Software updates for Pokémon Sun and Moon (released on November 18th in Japan, North America, and Australia, and November 23rd in Europe).
How to update?
To download updates for Pokémon Sun and Moon, you have three options:
- try to launch the game from the Home Menu, while being connected to the internet. You should get a prompt when doing so: just follow the instructions on-screen;
- search for Pokémon Sun and Moon in the Nintendo eShop, and select the update for your version(s) (NB: you need to download the update for each version you own!);
- use the option in the Nintendo eShop Settings page.
To check that you have the latest version of Pokémon Sun and/or Pokémon Moon, simply launch the game: you should see the version number on the main screen, in the top right corner of the bottom screen (Ver. 1.1 in that case).
- Release date: January 10th (North America) / January 11th (Europe, Japan)
- File size: 296 blocks / 37MB (Pokémon Sun) – 296 blocks / 37MB (Pokémon Moon)
- Patch notes:
- Fixed a glitch where the Z-Memento and Z-Parting Shot were not working properly;
- Fixed a glitch where the wrong winner was determined if the Rocky Helmet caused both players to lose their last Pokémon;
- Fixed a glitch where Pokémon would sometimes not learn moves after they evolved;
- Adjustments have been made to make for a more pleasant gaming experience.
- Notes: this update fixes the issue with the Rocky Helmet item and the Memento and Parting Shot moves (click here for more details), but also the one where a Pokémon would not learn a move when evolving when it should do so. You need to update in order to use the online features of the game. Also, recordings made with Ver. 1.0 are not compatible with Ver. 1.1 of the game.
Click here for more Software updates!