Today, Nintendo released a brand new update for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, that brings the game to Ver. 1.3.3. Its main purpose is to add compatibility with the Champion amiibo, but it also adds the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 collaboration equipment… or rather, a special quest that allows you to get it.
Wondering how to get the various pieces of equipment and complete the set? It’s actually pretty straightforward:
- you need to go to specific locations hinted at in the quest description, during the night
- once there, you have to look at the sky in a specific direction, in order for you to spot a red shooting star
- keep your eyes on that red shooting star, to see where it crashes
- go where the red shooting star crashed, and open the chest.
Here’s where all three pieces of Rex’s gear (the Salvager armour) can be found:
- The southern sky from the middle of the largest bridge = Bridge of Hylia
- The eastern sky from the skull’s left eye = Skull Lake (Zuna Kai Shrine)
- The southeastern sky from the peak of the tall, pierced snowy mountain = Hebra Peak (at the very top of the mountain, where you should have found a Korok).
Here’s a video showing where you have to go for each piece of equipment:
But that’s not all: this update also brought a major change that’s surprisingly not mentioned in the official patch notes: you can now re-purchase rare gear from Granté, in Tarrey Town. To be more precise, you can:
- repurchase rare equipment that’s sold out
- repurchase DLC equipment, that’s supposed to be lost forever if you sell or lose it
But one thing hasn’t changed: you still need to have found each piece of equipment for Granté to sell it to you. That means if you haven’t bought the DLC, you will not be able to buy the various pieces of equipment there. If you have bought it, you will still need to find everything by completing the quests first.
For more details about Ver. 1.3.3 of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, make sure to check out this post!