We often see animals in video game, and sometime even get to play as one. But a game featuring an elephant and a chicken as main characteres, now that’s definitely not something you get to see very often. And that’s precisely the kind of game Yono and the Celestial Elephants is!
Here’s a quick introduction:
Elephants are a mighty protectors of the world, born from the stars once per millennium. This is the age of Elephant Yono. But Yono is still so very young and in a kingdom inhabited by feudal Humans, undead Bonewights and robotic Mekani, it’s not easy to keep one’s trunk out of trouble.
Yono and the Celestial Elephants is an adventure game where you get to control an impossibly cute elephant, who is thrown into a world full of people, but also carefully designed puzzles, treasure hunts, and a little bit of combat. Its goal is to save a world he’s never seen before. During its journey, it will explore the rich history of a kingdom where humans, zombies, and robots lived side by side.
As you can see, Yono and the Celestial Elephants sure is shaping up to be a really special game!
Here’s the key features of Yono and the Celestial Elephants on Nintendo Switch:
- Use your elephant trunk to solve puzzles and find secrets. Load it up with air, water and other things for different effects.
- Visit 4 towns full of people, shops and side-quests.
- Solve 3 deep dungeons of puzzles, monsters and finally a scary boss.
- Explore forests and caves to find treasures and upgrades.
- Discuss ascetic virtue ethics with the undead, existentialism and freedom of will with the robots, and political philosophy and the roots of power and authority with the humans.
- Piece together ancient texts to uncover the history of the world, the development of human kind and the influence of past Elephants.
- Play the game in the original English, or try it out in Swedish, French, German or Spanish.
Finally, here’s a trailer and some pictures:
Yono and the Celestial Elephants (Switch – eShop) will be released on October 12th in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!