In the latest issue of CoroCoro magazine, we learned that Level-5 was planning to released a third version for Yo-kai Watch 3: Sukiyaki. Now that the magazine is officially available in stores, Level-5 has sent a press release to officially reveal the game, and provides additional details, some screenshots/artworks, and even a trailer.
Let’s start with that trailer:
First, let’s start with the early purchase bonus, which is as follows:
- retail version: Yo-kai Dream Medal for Kakusei Enma (Awakening Enma). If you scan the QR Code at the back in-game, you get befriend this Yo-kai;
- download version: USAtofu, a tofu version of USApyon.
Next, here’s the new elements:
- Yo-kai Watch T(reasure) Busters: a mode based on Yo-kai Watch Busters. You have to explore dungeons in order to find hidden treasure, while fighting huge Yo-kai bosses, overcoming obstacles and traps, and more.
- Yo-kai Watch: Sora Tobu Kujira to Sekai no Dai Bouken da Nyan (Movie): this third version will include an extra storyline, to tie in with the latest Yo-kai Watch movie (which comes out a few days after). It will center around Koalanyan (a central character from the movie). During that one, you will be able to enjoy a Gekiga / Graphic Novel art style for the characters, similar to how the movie switches between animation and live-action;
- New Yo-kai (only found in this version): Sakinobashi, Garandu, U (Ultimate) Robonyan, Koalanyan, Yako, Hitoriyogari, and Yodom.
- God Yo-kai: if you link the three versions of the game, you will be able to get some special God Yo-kai. Those you get depend on the version you link:
- Kakusei Enma: Sukiyaki + Sushi + Tempura
- Nurarikami: Sushi + Tempura
- Sendai Enma Daiou: Sukiyaki + Sushi
- Kakusei Hinokami: Sukiyaki + Tempura
Also, Level-5 specified whether Yo-kai Watch 3: Sushi / Tempura would get the content from Yo-kai Watch 3: Sukiyaki, and the answer is… yes and no. The original versions do get an update on December 15th (same day as the third version), which will add the T Busters mode. Players will therefore be able to play this mode along with owners of the Sukiyaki version.
Unfortunately, it looks like they will not get the rest of the new content (such as the extra storyline), which will remain a Yo-kai Watch 3: Sukiyaki exclusive.
Also, on December 15th, Level-5 will release a special pack called Yo-kai Watch 3: Sushi / Tempura Busters T Pack, which includes both Sushi and Tempura versions + the update contents. It will cost 6 912 Yen (cheaper than buying both versions separately), and will only be available in limited quantities. The pack also includes download codes, that will allow you to get rare Yo-kai (Sushi: T Komasan, Tempura: T Jibanyan).
Yo-kai Watch 3: Sukiyaki (3DS) and Yo-kai Watch 3: Sushi / Tempura Busters T Pack (3DS) come out on December 15th in Japan. Our Upcoming Releases page has been updated!