World to the West is the latest game from Rain Games, the developers of Teslagrad. As a matter of fact, it just so happens that both take place in the same universe! This one is described as a “pulpy, cartoony, top down action adventure inspired by European adventure comics”, and has players control four unique characters.
All four characters have their motivations, skills, and interweaving storylines, but they do have one thing in common: they all seek to escape the dark shadow of an ancient prophecy. To do that, they will need to snoop through the secrets of a forgotten civilisation.
You can choose to play as any of the four characters, and you can also swap them out whenever you want. Depending on the character you chose, you will fight enemies head on, or instead avoid them and/or try to persuade them. It’s up to you to pick those that better suit your playstyle! Throughout your adventure, you will get to travel through corrupt colonies, lush jungles, frozen tundras, and more.
Sounds exciting? Well, there’s not too long left to wait: World to the West will be released on Wii U (alongside the other platforms) on May 5th in Europe and North America.
Here’s the latest trailer:
Here’s the main features of World to the West:
- Four playable heroes: each hailing from individual nations and possessing unique identities and abilities
- Explore a vibrant world: filled with characters who have their own helpful and not-so-helpful agendas
- Experience seamless transitions: between combat and puzzle solving which really keeps you on your toes
- Different ways to deal with enemies: face them head-on with brute force, convince them to see things your way or avoid them altogether
- Uncover lots of secrets: more secrets and secrets inside secrets. Exploration is key to unveiling World to the West’s mysteries
- Set in the Teslagrad universe: encounter both new and familiar faces
World to the West (Wii U – eShop) will be released on May 5th in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Releases page has been updated!