During today’s Nintendo Direct presentation, THQ Nordic announced two games for the Nintendo Switch. One of them actually leaked via the age classification board in Brazil a few days ago: Sine Mora EX.
For those who never heard of Sine Mora EX before, it’s a side-scrolling shoot ’em up where time is the ultimate factor. THQ Nordic describes it as a game mixing “classic shooter sensibilities” with contemporary presentation. The game offers a Story Mode with an over-the-top story (that can be played in co-op, local-only), but also an Arcade Mode with “deep, satisfying gameplay”, and several VS modes.
Here’s a trailer:
And here’s the main features of the game:
- Engrossing story integrated seamlessly into the action to elevate the user experience
- Unique, time extension based gameplay
- 7 beautifully crafted, diverse stages
- Story mode playable in local coop mode
- Versus modes for more multiplayer fun
- Over 50 different weapon combinations with time manipulating devices
- Great accessibility -Story Mode is tailored to not scare away absolute newcomers to the genre
- Risk and reward -multiple difficulty levels in Arcade Mode with deep scoring and hidden rank system for the more experienced players
- Music composed by Akira Yamaoka, Sound Director of Silent Hill and Shadows of the Damned
- Featuring boss designs by Mahiro Maeda, one of the most prominent Japanese anime creators (Blue Submarine No. 6, The Animatrix – The Second Renaissance, Kill Bill: Vol. 1)
Finally, here’s some pictures (screenshots, art):
Sine Mora EX (Switch – eShop) will be released this Fall worldwide, and will cost 19.99€/$. The Upcoming Releases page has been updated!
Source: Nintendo PR / THQ Nordic