During today’s Nintendo Direct presentation, THQ Nordic announced two games for the Nintendo Switch. One of them was unexpected (as it didn’t leak beforehand), and is called Battle Chasers: Nightwar.
According to THQ Nordic, this game is a RPG inspired by the “classic console greats”, and features deep dungeon diving, turn-based combat that fans of traditional RPG should be pretty familiar with, and a rich world exploration-driven story.
Here’s the reveal trailer for Battle Chasers: Nightward on the Nintendo Switch:
Here’s the main features of the game:
- Plan for survival. The desolate town of Harm’s Way is your only place to prepare. Choose three of the many heroes you’ve unlocked, fill your travel backpack with items from your stash, make sure you’ve chosen the best equipment and abilities for each hero… and then strike out
- Explore an overworld presented in classic form (and in real time), peppered with hidden dungeons, rare bosses and randomly appearing friends and foes, as well as a useful arsenal of Dungeon Abilites for every character
- Old-school combat inspired by the console RPG greats, with a unique two-tiered mana system and turn-based initiative, featuring random buffs and debuffs on initiative slots
- Action oriented, randomly-generated dungeons loaded with traps, puzzles and secrets. Use each hero’s unique dungeon skills to survive
- Non-linear story driven by the discovery of lore on items, landmarks and secret elements in the world. Discovering these will both provide deeper insight into the mysterious Lost Vale, and also reward lore points, which are used to upgrade the heroes’ different abilities
- Truly key story moments will be depicted in gorgeous, traditional 2D animation from Powerhouse Animation Studios (the studio that did the animated Darksiders cutscenes). For these, sit back and enjoy!
Finally, here’s some pictures (screenshots and artworks):
Battle Chasers: Nightwar (Switch) will be released this Fall, worldwide, and will cost 29.99€/$. The Upcoming Releases page has been updated!