The Caligula Effect: Overdose announced for the Nintendo Switch, out next year
The Caligula Effect was first released on PlayStation Vita a couple of years ago, and received an enhanced port on PlayStation 4 earlier this year in Japan (complete with an anime series). And it’s that very enhanced port that was announced for Europe and North America, and unlike in Japan, there will be a Nintendo Switch version in those regions!
What kind of enhancements are we talking about here, you ask? Besides the UI overhaul, the game also features new characters (including a playable female protagonist), but also twice the story content with additional scenario paths and endings. It offers Japanese voices with English text only.
Here’s the debut trailer, as well as the story outline:
Mobius. An idyllic world that exists for the sake of letting people forget about the pain and problems of reality. In this world created by a sentient vocaloid program, μ (Mu), reality and fantasy has become blurred, allowing people to relive their high school years in bliss. Yet in this seemingly beautiful and perfect world, something is amiss. Escape from this false paradise with your fellow students and return to reality in The Caligula Effect: Overdose!
Here’s the list of key features:
- An Overdose of New Features – The Caligula Effect: Overdose boasts enhanced visuals and gameplay! Explore new scenarios, endings, and the “Forbidden Musician Route” while escaping the virtual world of Mobius.
- The New Faces of Kishimai High – Play as the newly added female protagonist! Plus, meet two new members of the Go-Home Club, who each have their own new Ostinato Musician to face.
- Use the Imaginary Chain! – Turn-based battle meets exhilarating action in this refined JRPG battle system! Develop a flawless strategy after using the Imaginary Chain to predict what your enemies will do next!
- Unite and Escape – Sometimes, it’s hard to go it alone. Befriend over 500 other students in this imaginary paradise to improve your skills in battle and ultimately return to reality
And here’s some screenshots:
Just like most other releases from NIS America, The Caligular Effect: Overdose is getting a Limited Edition including the following:
- The Caligula Effect: Overdose for Nintendo Switch
- Official Soundtrack
- Official Hardcover Artbook
- “Beautiful Lies” tear-resistant Poster
- Collector’s Box
The Caligula Effect: Overdose (Switch) comes out next year in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: NIS America PR