SEGA have shared some more details about Super Monkey Ball: Banana Mania, this time focusing on the special modes you can enjoy in the game.
There’s 4 of them:
- Golden Banana mode: in this mode, you have to grab all the bananas within the time limit. Once you’ve completed all stages in this mode, you will unlock Golden Ai Ai.
- Dark Banana mode: this mode is the complete opposite of the Golden Banana mode. You have to clear each stage without grabbing a single banana.
- Reverse mode: you start not from the start, but from the finish line, and you have to make your way back to the start.
- Assist mode: in this mode, the time limit is doubled, and there’s helpful arrows showing you the way to the end of the stage. You can also use a slow-mo function for the toughest segments.
If you get stuck on a stage, and end up using all three continues, you can choose to skip the stage altogether. Do note that this will cost you some Play Points.
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Mania also offers various interesting features such as:
- Rendering feature: unlocked using Play Points in the in-game shop. It allows you to apply various “filters” to change the graphics: monochrome, sepia, toy, etc.
- Character customisation: you can customise your favourite character with over 100 customisation elements. You can then use your customised character in both the main game and in the party games.
- Photo Mode: available at any time during gameplay. It allows you to take pictures, and lets you change the camera angle, the facial expression of your character, the frame, and more. You can also add some effects.
Here’s some screenshots:
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Mania (Switch) comes out on October 5th in Europe and North America, and October 7th in Japan.