Released last year on the Nintendo eShop of the Nintendo Switch, SteamWorld Dig 2 is the critically-acclaimed follow up to the equally critically-acclaimed SteamWorld Dig (released on Nintendo Switch last week). It was pretty successful digitally, and it’s now off to look for success in retail stores!
Today, Image & Form announced that SteamWorld Dig 2 would be released at retail later this year, in Spring to be precise. Once again, they teamed up with Rising Star Games, who already published the SteamWorld Collection at retail on Wii U.
This physical edition of the game will come with an exclusive double-sided poster, featuring artwork from the game, but also a reversible cover featuring never-before-seen artwork.
Here’s what the cover of the retail edition of SteamWorld Dig 2 looks like:
Considering SteamWorld Dig and SteamWorld Heist were both released at retail on Wii U, as part of the SteamWorld Collection, it was highly likely that this game would also get the same treatment. However, it will not be as part of a collection, as some fans expected.
In case you’ve never heard of SteamWorld Dig 2 before (which would make you reading this post rather strange!), here’s the key features of the game:
- Dig your way underground and explore vivid worlds riddled with treasure, secrets and traps
- Combat dangerous enemies at every turn of the underworld’s twisted paths, including shadowy creatures and the haunted remains of an ancient electrical threat
- Upgrade your gear to forge deeper into the earth and take on bigger challenges
- Swing across large chasms with your Hookshot and fly through caves with the Jet Engine!
- And finally, learn the truth about your long lost friend…
SteamWorld Dig 2 (Switch) comes out at retail in Spring in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: Rising Star Games PR