- Players should see a significant improvement on save times! Also, the saving screen is now animated.
- The new video recording feature is now supported!
- When a controller connects or disconnects, the Controller Support Applet now appears to ask which controller you want to use to play the game, instead of silently switching to the new controller.
- The game now detects Simplified / Traditional Chinese environments on first start up and defaults to the Simplified Chinese localisation instead of English.
- Fixed issue that created the unintended ability to skip saving at night with a well-timed button press.
- Fixed an issue causing the player character (and sometimes important NPCs) to appear off-screen during certain cutscenes.
- Fixed a temporary soft lock that occurred when the player pressed A and B together while eating or drinking an item.
- Fixed a way for players to temporarily lose access to essential tools via the chest interface’s organize button.
- Fixed the Wizard’s slay monster quest sometimes asking you to kill 0 monsters.
- Fixed a crash that sometimes occurred while sleeping (before saving) if any essential tools were not in your inventory at the time.
- Fixed the wrong tooltips sometimes appearing on the bundle interface in the Community Center area.
- Fixed the inability of players to drop items without deleting them when using the cursor mode that snaps to UI elements.
- Morning music is no longer looped endlessly, and now fades out during the day as it should.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when opening the journal with no quests.
- Fixed occasional inability to select certain items in the crafting menu.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when pressing the ‘-‘ button when playing a minigame at the Saloon.
- Fixed button controls for the Prairie King minigame shooting in the wrong direction.
- Fixed occasional left channel audio crackling
- Fixed lack of vibration in handheld mode
Stardew Valley: Software updates (latest: Ver. 1.3)
In this post, you will find all there is to know about the Software updates for Stardew Valley on Nintendo Switch (originally released on October 5th 2017 in Europe and North America).
How to download updates for Stardew Valley for the Nintendo Switch?
To download the updates for Stardew Valley on Nintendo Switch, you have three options:
- let the console do its thing if you have automatic downloads activated, and didn’t completely turn it off
- try to launch the game from the Home Menu while being connected to the internet. You should get a prompt when doing so: simply follow the instructions on screen;
- select the game > press either + or – to go to the Options page > select Software update > select Via the Internet.
To check that you have the latest version installed, simply select the game’s icon in the Home Menu and press – or + to get to the options screen. The version number is displayed below the title.
Click here for more Software updates!
Stardew Valley – Ver. 1.3
- Release date: December 12th 2018 (worldwide)
- Patch notes:
Not available yet.
- List of changes:
- adds multiplayer (local and online)
- adds more Single Player content
- Additional notes: check out this post for more details about the update!
- Source: Chucklefish
Stardew Valley – Ver. 1.2.36
- Release date: November 28th 2017 (North America) / November 29th 2017 (Europe)
- Patch notes:
- List of changes:
This update fixes the following issues and makes the following improvements
- Left Speaker Audio crackling (Fix)
- Community Center bundle windows can display incorrect hover details (Fix)
- Wizard slay monster quest displaying 0 for all values (Fix)
- Crash when opening quest journal with no quests available (Fix)
- Unable to select certain items in crafting menu (Fix)
- Screen alignment issues during heart events (Fix)
- Can’t drop items with controller-style menu enabled (Fix)
- Crash when saving/sleeping (with or without kitchen) (Fix)
- Temp softlock when pressing A+B together while eating (Fix)
- Tools placed on the organize button of a chest go missing (Fix)
- Crash when pressing the ‘-‘ button at saloon arcade (Fix)
- Button inputs for ‘Prairie King’ are flipped (Fix)
- Looping music (Fix)
- Joycon controllers become unresponsive (Fix)
- Fixed issue that created the unintended ability to skip saving at night with a well-timed button press. (Fix)
- Fixed the inability of players to drop items without deleting them when using the cursor mode that snaps to UI elements. (Fix)
- The saving screen is now animated (Improvement)
- Save times have been improved (Improvement)
- The game now detects Simplified / Traditional Chinese environments on first start up and defaults to the Simplified Chinese localisation instead of English. (Improvement)
- The new Switch video recording feature is now supported. (Improvement)
- Additional notes: remaining issues will be fixed in upcoming updates.
- Source: Chuckclefish