After a really lengthy wait, Shantae: Half-Genie Hero was finally released in December last year. Naturally, this didn’t mean the end of development for the developers at WayForward, who have been hard at work on the upcoming update and the DLC for the game (following a well-deserved break during the holidays).
Here’s what they’ve been doing in January:
- Missing backer codes: if, for some reason, you’re still waiting for your download code, there’s nothing to worry. The support team is currently working on fixing that, and actually made it their top priority;
- Update (Ver. 1.01): the first update for Shantae: Half-Genie Hero is almost ready, and will include tons of bug fixes, that will make the game significantly mroe stable. The update also includes a special “Tahnk you” surprise, that will be revealed in the next Kickstarter update;
- Physical rewards: T-shirts, the Collector’s Coin, Music CDs, the Lenticular Poster, and the Art Book are either being designed, or are already in production. Just like with the game, WayForward is prioritizing quality over timeliness, which explains why it’s taking so long.
And here’s the DLC they’ve been working on:
- Tinkerbeat DLC: complete, and currently in testing. It should be the first piece of DLC to be released, and an ETA will be provided as soon as Ver. 1.01 is submitted;
- DLC MODES: work has already started on the Risky Boots (that will be released first, which is why the developers are focusing their efforts on that one), Sky, Bolo, Rottytops, Beach, Ninja, and Officer Modes;
- Blue Shantae, Classic Risky, and Sword: the download code will include all three features, and will be released after the Risky Boots DLC. This isn’t a surprise, as they do need Risky’s mode to be completed before they can recolour her in the first place. Besides, lumping all this content together will make code distribution easier.
One last thing, about the game credits. Some backers were not credited, usually due to unsupported characters, character length, etc. Naturally, the team is working on fixing that, and in the upcoming weeks, a survey will be sent to everyone affected, so that their name can be added to the credits. More details will be shared in the upcoming Kickstarter update.
Shantae: Half-Genie Heroe (Wii U) is already available.
Source: WayForward (Kickstarter)