Kalypso Media and Independent Arts Software have announced that Railway Empire is coming to the Nintendo Switch on February 14th (Europe and North America), as Railway Empire – Nintendo Switch Edition. It will be available at retail and on the Nintendo eShop, and will include the following:
- the main game (with all added content and improvements since its initial launch)
- the Mexico DLC
- the Crossing the Andes DLC
- The Great Lakes DLC
The following will also be available for purchase:
- Germany DLC
- France DLC
- Great Britain & Ireland DLC
Finally, here’s a trailer, some details, and the list of key features for the game:
In Railway Empire, create an elaborate and wide-ranging rail network by purchasing over 40 different trains modelled in extraordinary detail, building railway stations, maintenance buildings, factories and tourist attractions to stay ahead of the competition. Hire and manage a talented workforce to ensure an efficient train service, while developing over 300 technologies, ranging from mechanical improvements to trains and workplace infrastructures, through five eras of technological innovation.
However, the competition never sleeps with three rival tycoons all vying for business! Stay on top by attacking and sabotaging opponents through raids and industrial espionage.
- Exploit the economic opportunities of the United States in an extensive campaign, working your way, step by step, from coast to coast
- Lead your empire to success by establishing a comprehensive rail network and optimising transportation of passengers and goods across North America
- Master challenges and objectives through a range of scenarios, or create your perfect railway network in construction mode without any financial pressure
- Acquire 40 historically accurate locomotives and more than 30 different wagons over the course of the game
- Invest in over 300 new technologies across five different eras to progress and maximise the potential of your rail network
- Compete with up to three rival companies, and even sabotage their efforts by way of bandits and spies.
Railway Empire – Nintendo Switch Edition (Switch) comes out on February 14th in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: Kalypso Media PR