On this page, you will find all there is to know about the various Software updates for Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 on Nintendo Switch (originally released on December 8th 2020 in Europe and North America, and December 10th 2020 in Japan)!
Click here for more Software updates!
Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 – Ver. 1.3.0?
- Release date: March 3rd 2021 (North America) / March 4th 2021 (Europe, Japan
- Patch notes:
- adds Spectating option to the Club
- available for VS and Skill Battle rules
- you can cheer on players using cheering stickers
- a log of the current match is available, allowing you to check on its progress
- the more players spectate your game, the more rep you get. The more rep you have, the better you rank on your profile.
- adds Super Hard difficulty to Boss Battles
- adds 4 new music tracks
- Koisuru Saikyou Kakutou Jou < Puyo Puyo!! Lulu Battle BGM >
- Puyo!! Boss Manzai (Demo from Puyo Puyo) < Puyo!! Boss Manzai BGM >
- Let’s! Saishuu Puyo Shoubu! < Puyo Puyo 7 Last Boss Battle BGM >
- Escape From the City – Cash Cash RMX < from Sonic Generations >
- adds 4 new playable characters
- Harpy (Color Change)
- Ragnus (Assemble!)
- Legamünt (Color Change)
- Rozatte (
- Additional notes: Version number TBC
- Source: 4Gamer
Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 – Ver. 1.2.0?
- Release date: February 3rd 2021 (North America) / February 4th 2021 (Europe, Japan)
- Patch notes:
No patch notes available (yet). This update brings the following:
- fix for the bug causing Item Cards not to activate their special effects during matches
- adds new Game Modes: Endless
- Endless Fever
- Endless Mini Puyo
- Endless 2 Players
- Endless 4 Players
- Endless 40 Lines
- Endless Marathon
- Endless Ultra
- adds new Playable Characters
- Serilly (Fortify Defense)
- Rafisol (Fighting Spirit)
- Strange Klug (Heal)
- Yu & Rei (Power Reserve)
- Adds Color vision accessibility features – Featuring the color vision accessibility settings originally introduced in Puyo Puyo Champions, this update includes adjustments for color saturation that can be toggled on or off throughout the game
- Adds 3 new music tracks
- Request from Puyopuyo
- Watashi wa Ubau, Nanimokamo! (Rafisol’s Battle BGM)
- Akaki Sakebi no Hadou! (Strange Klug’s Battle BGM)
- Adds 20 new avatars.
Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 – Ver. 1.1.0
- Release date: January 13th 2021 (North America) / January 14th 2021 (Europe, Japan)
- Patch notes:
- Four new playable characters to join you on your journey: legendary speedster Sonic the Hedgehog, Lidelle, Ms. Accord and The Ocean Prince, each with their own skills you can utilize in Skill Battle mode
- An already-robust cast grows even larger starting today with four new playable characters joining the game. First up is a special guest from SEGA’s flagship series who needs no introduction, Sonic the Hedgehog! The speedy blue hedgehog lives life by his own rules. He hates dishonesty and injustice, and he’s not afraid to fight for what’s right.
- Ms. Accord is a teacher of the Primp Magic School. Though gentle and kind, she’s known to prepare rather peculiar lesson plans. While she only played a minor role in the original Puyo Puyo Tetris, this update marks the first time Ms. Accord will appear as a playable character in a localized release since Puyo Pop Fever.
- Next up is Lidelle, a student of Primp Magic School. Known to be mild-mannered and soft-spoken, she is also very shy and hides her horns by wrapping them with her hair. While sharing no blood relation, she considers Dark Prince and Draco her big brother and sister.
- Finally, The Ocean Prince is, what else, the prince of the sea, a royal who can be pretty selfish without realizing it. He sometimes takes a human form when he uses a particular spell. Like Ms. Accord and Lidelle, this will mark his first playable appearance since Puyo Pop Fever after making a cameo in Puyo Puyo Tetris.
- New online game mode Boss Raid has you working together with your friends to take down a common foe in co-operative fun. The new online Boss Raid mode allows you to call upon three of your friends to aid you in your quest to take down a fierce CPU-controlled boss. In addition, for those playing on the Nintendo Switch, you can also cozy up for some couch co-op using the Switch’s local wireless multiplayer. Following the rules of Skill Battle mode, players will create their team from the now-expanded roster of characters and choosing a party with complementary skills is key to a winning strategy. As you play, you’ll pop Puyos and clear Tetriminos, shaking Garbage Puyos loose and causing the boss to lose HP. If their HP hits 0, you win!
- Play according to your own skill level by adjusting the difficulty level: as you increase the difficulty, you’ll add on the number of bosses you’ll have to fight in a row; higher difficulties will have different level requirements, so make sure your team has the strength to survive this challenging gauntlet
- Chance Time can occur when players face random conditions during raids (e.g., inflict X damage at once, survive for X seconds), which upon being fulfilled, inflicts major damage on the boss
- Bosses have unique skills to keep players on their toes, like Paralyze which stops the player from being able to rotate their pieces for a short time, adding an exciting twist to each battle
- Item Cards and experience points can be earned from Boss Raids, with better rewards for higher difficulties. Players can use these Item Cards to equip their team of three in the Skill Battle Mode
- Four new BGM (Background Music) tracks including the Sonic the Hedgehog theme song for ultimate immersion as you play
- 20 new Avatars featuring even more of your favorite Puyo Puyo characters you can use to customize your player profile
- Additional notes: update is required in order to play online, but also to play via local wireless with players who have already updated to Ver. 1.1.0..
- Source: SEGA PR
Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 – Ver. 1.0.1
- Release date: December 8th 2020 (North America, Europe) / December 10th 2020 (Japan)
- Patch notes:
No patch notes available.
- Additional notes: this is the Day One update for the game. Replays created with the base version are not compatible with this version, so make sure to download the update before you start playing!
- Source: SEGA (Twitter)
How to download updates for Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 for the Nintendo Switch?
To download the updates for Puyo Puyo Tetris 2, you have three options:
- let the console do its thing if you have automatic downloads activated, and didn’t completely turn it off
- try to launch the game from the Home Menu while being connected to the internet. You should get a prompt when doing so: simply follow the instructions on screen;
- select the game > press either + or – to go to the Options page > select Software update > select Via the Internet.
To check that you have the latest version installed, simply select the game on the Home Menu, and press – or + to go to the Options: the version number is displayed just below the game title.