PokéNews (March 23): Detective Pikachu / Pokkén Tournament DX / Pokémon GO
Today’s Pokémon news: various tidbits for Detective Pikachu, but also…
- Pokkén Tournament DX
- Pokémon GO
- Pokémon Sun and Moon – Anime
- Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon – Battle Competition
- Pokémon Duel
- Pokémon no Uchi Atsumaru?!
- Pokémon merchandise
- Tool Assisted Speedrun
Here’s the launch trailer for Detective Pikachu:
Also, here’s the latest video clip:
『名探偵ピカチュウ』に登場するポケモンたちを紹介するよ！ ミミッキュの夢は人気者。虎視眈々とテレビ番組出演のチャンスをうかがっているとか……。 https://t.co/yWt84N7Sn0 #ポケモン #名探偵ピカチュウ pic.twitter.com/YVN4au99mF
— ポケモン公式ツイッター (@Pokemon_cojp) March 22, 2018
In order to celebrate the game’s launch, The Pokémon Company has released a free set of 8 iMessage stickers, on iOS. Here’s what they look like:
Also, the Detective Pikachu: Episode 0 – Eevee’s Case prequel story (which is illustrated), offered as pre-order bonus in Pokémon Center stores in Japan, is now available as a free eBook on Apple iBooks Store and Amazon’s Kindle Store… but only for a limited time!
Source: The Pokémon Company PR
Pokkén Tournament DX
Today, the second DLC Pack for Pokkén Tournament DX was released. It adds Blastoise as Battle Pokémon, and Celebi + Mew as Support Pokémon. Here’s the trailer for Blastoise:
Speaking of Pokkén Tournament DX, the latest Official Group Match is now live: check out this page for all you need to know!
Yesterday, the latest Pokémon GO event went live: it’s the second Eggstravaganza, that runs until April 2nd. This time around, you will be able to find an even greater variety of Pokémon in 2km Eggs (the only type of Eggs available from PokéStops during the event).
Pokémon that usually hatch from 5km or 10km Eggs, such as Wynauts or Ralts, will be found in those 2km Eggs! Also, the hatch rate of certain Pokémon, such as Pikchu or Togepi, is increased during the event.
But that’s not all: every Egg hatched will net you bonus Candy, allowing you to power up your new Pokémon, and you will earn double Stardust during the event. Finally, special boxes can be purchased from the in-game shop.
Here’s the contents of said boxes:
- Special Box (480 Coins): 2 Incense, 3 Incubators, 5 Star Pieces
- Great Box (780 Coins): 5 Incense, 5 Super Incubators, 10 Star Pieces
- Ultra Box (1480 Coins): 8 Super Incubators, 10 Lucky Eggs, 5 Premium Raid Passes, 25 Star Pieces
Pokémon Sun and Moon – Anime
Here’s the preview for the next episode of the Pokémon Sun and Moon anime series, airing on April 5th in Japan:
Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon – Battle Competition
Today, battles for the third online competition for Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon went live. It’s called 2018 International Challenge March, and here’s all you need to know about it:
- Pokémon allowed: Pokémon from the National Pokédex (excluding those bought via Poké Transporter). You cannot have two Pokémon with the same Pokédex number. List of eligible Pokémon can be found on this page;
- Pokémon banned: Mythical Pokémon and some Legendary Pokémon (Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde, Diancie, Hoopa, Volcanion, Cosmog, Cosmoem, Solgaleo, Lunala, Necrozma, Magearna, Marshadow, and Ash-Greninja)
- Battles: Double Battles, Team of 6 Pokémon and 4 sent to battle;
- Level: 50 (dropped to 50 if above);
- Items: all allowed. Two Pokémon cannot have the same Hold Item;
- Participation prize: 50 Battle Points (need to battle at least once), Championship Points for the top players in each division (contribute toward the chances of earning an invitation to the Pokémon World Championships)
- Registration: March 15th to March 22nd;
- Battles: March 23rd to March 25th;
- Results announced sometime in April.
Source: Pokémon Global Link
The latest Gym Cup event is the Flying Gym Cup, and it went live yesterday. Here’s all you need to know about it:
- Runs from March 22nd to March 26th
- Flying-type Movement 0, 1, and 2 figures = +1 Movement;
- Electric-type figures = +20 Attack (for each attack);
- Gym Boosters available, with the contents increasing with your winning streak.
- Mega Salamence figure available as reward
- Trophies will be distributed to qualifying players after the event.
Pokémon no Uchi Atsumaru?!
Here’s the preview for the next episode of Pokémon no Uchi Atsumaru?!, airing this Sunday in Japan:
Here’s pictures of some more Pokémon merchandise from Japan:
Tool Assisted Speedrun
Here’s the latest Tool Assisted Speedrun video for Pokémon games:
- Pokémon: Blue Version (GameBoy) “warp glitch” by gifvex in 10:12.0