Today’s Pokémon news: Pokémon Unite announced for the Nintendo Switch and Android/iOS, but also…
- Pokémon Sword and Shield
- Pokémon GO
- Pokémon Café Mix
During the second Pokémon Presents presentation, The Pokémon Company revealed a new Pokémon spin-off: Pokémon Unite. It’s a MOBA developed by TiMi Studios, and coming to the Nintendo Switch and Android/iOS as a Free 2 Play title.
Here’s the recording of the Pokémon Presents presentation and the debut trailer for the game:
And here’s some details and pictures for the game:
Pokémon UNITE is the first strategic Pokémon team battle game. Players face off against each other in five-on-five team battles. During these battles, players will cooperate with teammates to catch wild Pokémon, level up and evolve their own Pokémon. They will need to defeat their opponents’ Pokémon while trying to earn more points than the opposing team within the allotted time. Pokémon UNITE will be free-to-start.
Pokémon Unite (Switch – eShop, Android, iOS) does not have a release date yet.
Source: The Pokémon Company PR
Pokémon Sword and Shield
The Pokémon Company have announced that over 1 435 283 players have managed to defeat Zeraora during the Max Raid Battle event currently running in Pokémon Sword and Shield. That means the reward, a Shiny Zeraora, has been unlocked: it will be available via Pokémon Home from June 30th to July 7th. To get it, all you need to transfer a Pokémon to/from Pokémon Home.
As usual, you can find all there is to know about the various Pokémon distributions for Pokémon Sword and Shield and Pokémon Home on this page!
Source: The Pokémon Company (Twitter)
GO Battle League
Now that the exploit has been fixed, the GO Battle League is back. Here’s the updated schedule for Season 2:
- The Ultra League will run from Monday, June 1, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. to Monday, July 6, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7).
- The Master League and the Premier Cup will run from Monday, July 6, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. to Monday, July 20, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7).
- All three leagues and the Premier Cup will be available from Monday, July 20, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. to Monday, July 27, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7).
- Season 3 will begin Monday, July 27, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7).
And here’s the various changes the developers made to the Go Battle League:
- Increased daily sets—Daily sets will increase from 5 to 6. This change will be permanent for Season 2.
- A week of boosted GO Battle League rewards—From Tuesday, June 23, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. to Tuesday, June 30, 2020 at 1:00 p.m. PDT the GO Battle League win rewards will change for the basic and premium tracks:
- The Pokémon you encounter will change for the basic and premium reward tracks. Snivy, Tepig, and Oshawott will no longer be available as GO Battle League encounters.
- For the premium track only, the Rare Candy reward will be available at the fourth slot instead of the fifth slot.
- The GO Battle League leaderboard will be temporarily disabled. We’ll keep the leaderboard disabled while we monitor the state of GO Battle League.
Source: The Pokémon Company
Pokémon Café Mix
Here’s two promo videos for Pokémon Café Mix, now available worldwide:
Also, on June 29th, Nintendo will release a special Nintendo eShop Pre-Paid Card in Japan, featuring a Pokémon Café Mix design. Its value is 1 500 Yen, and it comes with a Serial Code for 2 000 Golden Acorns, to be used in Pokémon Café Mix.
Here’s what the pre-paid card looks like:
The Upcoming Games page has been updated!