Today’s Pokémon news: debut trailer for Pokémon The Movie: Coco, but also…
- Pokémon GO
- Pokémon anime series
- Pokémon championships
- Pokémon Kids TV
Pokémon The Movie: Coco
Last week, The Pokémon Company revealed the debut trailer for Pokémon The Movie: Coco, the latest Pokémon movie:
Pokémon The Movie: Coco opens on July 10th in Japan.
Trade evolution and new Pokémon
Niantic have announced that a new mechanic is coming to Pokémon GO: Trade Evolution. It’s been a staple of the mainline series since the very first game, but it’s only coming to Pokémon GO now.
Here’s how it works:
- How it works: Trade an eligible Pokémon to lower the Candy cost to evolve them.
- Which Pokémon can gain Evolution benefits from trading? Kadabra, Machoke, Graveler, and Haunter are some Pokémon that can now benefit from trade Evolution. If you received one of these Pokémon in a trade in the past—congratulations! That Pokémon will retroactively qualify for no Candy cost when you evolve it.
- Pokémon originally discovered in the Unova region that benefit from trade Evolution: Boldore, Gurdurr, Karrablast, and Shelmet are now appearing in Pokémon GO and will be eligible for trade Evolution benefits. And remember, Trainers: Boldore’s and Gurdurr’s Evolutions, Gigalith and Conkeldurr, might be powerful Pokémon to have in your battle parties!
Also, more Pokémon from the Unova regions are coming. Here’s those that you will be able to discover soon:
- Pokémon appearing in the wild: Roggenrola, Tympole, Dwebble, Trubbish, Karrablast, Joltik, Shelmet, and more.
- Pokémon hatching from Eggs:
- 2 km Eggs: Venipede and Dwebble
- 5 km Eggs: Roggenrola, Tympole, Trubbish, Karrablast, Joltik, and Shelmet
- 10 km Eggs: Timburr, Tirtouga, Archen, and Axew
- Pokémon appearing in raids: Timburr will also be available in one-star raids.
- Pokémon appearing in the wild in certain parts of the world:
- North America, South America, and Africa: Throh (also available in 10 km Eggs)
- Europe, Asia, and Australia: Sawk (also available in 10 km Eggs)
- Southern United States, Mexico, Central America, the Caribbean, and South America: Maractus
- Egypt and Greece: Sigilyph
- Eastern hemisphere: Red-Striped Form Basculin
- Western hemisphere: Blue-Striped Form Basculin
Pokémon anime series
Here’s the latest video clip for the Pokémon Sun and Moon anime series:
The Pokémon Company have announced that the North American International Championships will take place from June 26th to June 28th in Columbus (Ohio), and more precisely at the Greater Columbus Convention Center.
Pokémon Kids TV
Here’s the latest videos from the Pokémon Kids TV: