Today, Bandai-Namco announced that a brand new fighter for Pokkén Tournament would be revealed on January 15th (that’s next Friday). Unfortunately, the hint they gave isn’t very helpful: it’s a Pokémon with “ra” in its (Japanese) name. The problem with that hint? There’s quite a few Pokémon that meets that criterion!
Yesterday, the 2016 International Challenge – January was announced. Here’s the rules:
- Battles: Double Battles
- Rules: current VGC rules
- Legendary Pokémon allowed (two max.): Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde;
- Registration: from January 21st to January 28th
- Battles: from January 29th to January 31st
- Reward: 2000 PokéMiles for all players, Championship Points for the Top 256 players of each age division.
If you live in Australia and New Zealand, you will soon be able to get Hoopa. The event will run from January 18th to January 26th, at:
- Australia: JB Hi-Fi, EB Games, and Big W;
- New Zealand: JB Hi-Fi, and EB Games
Just like other distribution, you will get a serial code from these retailers (to be used in Pokémon X / Y / Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire).