Today’s Pokémon GO news: details about Community Day in April, Bug Out event announced, Poké Stop nomination system, and Earth Day event!
Niantic have announced that the new Community Day will take place on April 13th, from 3PM to 6PM. This time, Bagon is the Pokémon featured, and as usual, evolving it to Salamence before 7PM on the day of the event will allow it to learn a special move (still TBA).
Here’s the other bonuses:
- 3× Catch XP
- 3-Hour Lures
A new event for the game has been announced: Bug Out. Here’s the various features for this one:
- Bug-types will appear more frequently in the wild
- Incense will last twice as long as usual, and will attract more Pokémon
- Limited-time Field Research tasks focusing on Bug-types will be available
Here’s when this event will take place:
- Europe: April 2nd (10PM) to April 9th (10PM)
- UK: April 2nd (9PM) to April 9th (9PM)
- North America (ET): April 2nd (4PM) to April 9th (4PM)
- North America (PT): April 2nd (1PM) to April 9th (1PM)
- Japan: April 3rd (5AM) to April 10th (5AM)
Niantic have announced that the beta version of the PokéStop nomination system is now available in the following countries:
- El Salvador
- Costa Rica
As usual, the feature is only available to players who have reached Level 40.
Source: Niantic (Twitter)
Niantic have announced their second annual Earth Day event, taking place from April 13th to April 28th. Once again, there will be a Pokémon GO “event”, with rewards unlocked for all players depending on the amount of people who end up taking part in the Earth Day event:
- 2 000 people: Increased appearances of Ground-type Pokémon
- 5 000 people: Shiny Diglett + Increased appearances of Ground-type Pokémon
- 7 000 players: 2× Stardust and Candy for Event Spawns / Groudon in Raids + Shiny Diglett + Increased appearances of Ground-type Pokémon