Today’s Pokémon GO news: Valentine’s Day 2019 event now live, changes coming to Trainer Battles, and PokéStop nomination system now available in Vietnam!
Valentine’s Day 2019 Event
Earlier this week, the Valentin’s Day 2019 Event went live in Pokémon GO. It runs until February 21st, and features the following:
- Pink Pokémon such as Clefairy, Hoppip, and Luvdisc will appear more frequently in the wild!
- Certain pink Pokémon will hatch more frequently from 7 km Eggs!
- Pink Pokémon such as Chansey and Porygon will appear more frequently in Raid Battles!
And here’s the bonuses running during the event:
- Lure Modules will last six hours for the duration of the event.
- 2× Catch Candy
Also, as part of the event, the following is now available:
- new Spinda form (with a heart on its head). To get it, you need to complete the following Research Task: Make 5 Great Curveball Throws in a row;
- Happiny in 7km Eggs.
Finally, the usual boxes are now available:
- Special Box (480 Coins): Premium Raid Pass (x3), Star Piece (x2), Egg Incubator (x2), Lure Module (x3)
- Great Box (780 Coins): Premium Raid Pass (x4), Super Incubator (x4), Lure Module (x5), Lucky Egg (x4)
- Ultra Box (1480 Coins): Premium Raid Pass (x10), Super Incubator (x10), Star Piece (x10), Lure Module (x10)
Niantic has announced a major change for Pokémon GO: stat boosts. Starting this Saturday, during the latest Community Day, certain Charge Attacks will sometime trigger stat boosts in Trainer Battles. Those will last until the Pokémon is switched out of battle, or if it faints.
Here’s the first 3 moves that will be impacted by this change:
- Ancient Power: Chance to raise the user’s Attack and Defense
- Ominous Wind: Chance to raise the user’s Attack and Defense
- Silver Wind: Chance to raise the user’s Attack and Defense
Of course, this is just the beginning: more changes are on the way.
PokéStop nomination system
Niantic has announced that the beta version of the PokéStop nomination system is now available in Vietnam. As usual, you need to be at least Level 40 to use this feature.
Source: Niantic (Twitter)