On this page, you will find all there is to know about the various Software updates for PixelJunk Monsters 2 on Nintendo Switch (originally released on May 24th 2018 in Japan, May 25th 2018 in North America, and May 30th 2018 in Europe).
How to download updates for PixelJunk Monsters 2 for the Nintendo Switch?
To download the updates for PixelJunk Monsters 2, you have three options:
- let the console do its thing if you have automatic downloads activated, and didn’t completely turn it off
- try to launch the game from the Home Menu while being connected to the internet. You should get a prompt when doing so: simply follow the instructions on screen;
- select the game > press either + or – to go to the Options page > select Software update > select Via the Internet.
To check that you have the latest version installed, simply select the game on the Home Menu, and press – or + to go to the Options: the version number is displayed just below the game title.
Click here for more Software updates!
PixelJunk Monsters 2 – Ver. 1.03
- Release date: September 12th 2018 (Europe, North America, Japan)
- Patch notes:
- The Weekly Stage and the Random Stage have been added for Nintendo Switch! Play infinite variations!
- Weekly Stage: Discover a new stage every week and use your imagination to find the best strategy to survive the new hordes of monsters invading your domain. Clear the Weekly Stage to get a new Mask or Shell. You can also compare your score with players around the globe! (Weekly Stage ranking board is reset every 4 weeks)
- Random Stage: Enjoy completely procedurally-generated new wave patterns every time you play this stage. A good place for training or tough challenges!
- The Weekly Stage and the Random Stage become accessible once at least 3 rainbow fragments have been acquired.
- Added Photo Mode
- Pause the game to remove the UI and take screenshots.
- Additional notes: none.
- Source: Spike-Chunsoft