Update: the Nintendo 77th Annual General Meeting of Shareholders took place earlier today, and the results of the votes are in. All proposales were resolved and approved as originally proposed, which means that the 5 Directors listed below were elected (or re-elected) as planned. As usual, the actual results of the vote will be shared at a later date.
And for those of you who are curious, here’s the current number of employees (as of the end of March 2017)
2,133 (Nintendo Co., Ltd. only)
Today, Nintendo shared some details about its 77th Annual General Meeting of Shareholders. It will take place on June 29th, at 10AM JST. During that meeting, shareholders will get to vote on the following two matters:
- Distribution of Surplus
- Election of Five Directors
- Tatsumi Kimishima (Director and President, Representative Director) [re-election]
- Shigeru Miyamoto (Director, Representative Director, Creative Fellow) [re-election]
- Shinya Takahashi (Director, General Manager of the Entertainment Planning & Development Division, Supervisor of Business Development Division, Development Administration & Support Division, Managing Executive Officer) [re-election]
- Shuntaro Furukawa (Outside Director of The Pokémon Company, General Manager of the Corporate Planning Department, Director, Managing Executive Officer, Supervisor of Corporate Analysis & Administration Division, In charge of Global Marketing Department) [re-election]
- Ko Shiota (currently General Manager, Platform Technology Development Division, Executive Officer) [election, in replacement of Genyo Takeda, retiring at the end of this term]
As usual, the re-election of the current directors and the election of the new one is but a formality, as it’s unlikely shareholders will vote against them.
But as usual, it will be interesting to check out the results, as it will allow us to see the approval rate for each director. Considering the company is back in the black, and the Nintendo Switch is a tremendous success (not to mention the successes in the mobile spaces), we can expect the approval rate for the main Directors to be up this year.
Also, there will be a Q&A session following the vote: you can expect the official transcript in English to be online in the following days (early July, most likely).
Finally, if you’ve been wondering about the major shareholders of Nintendo Co. Ltd, here’s the Top 10 (excluding Nintendo’s own shares):
The 77th Annual General Meeting of Shareholders will take place on June 29th.