Yesterday, during a meeting with investors, Tatsumi Kimishima showed how launching the Nintendo Selects range on Nintendo 3DS (in Europe) had a pretty positive impact on sales of certain games, which gained some momentum. He revealed that a similar range would also be launched soon in Japan, in order to encourage the new female players (among others) to buy more games for their new handheld.
And we didn’t have to wait very long to see that Nintendo Selects range announced for Japan! This morning, Nintendo announced that the first titles from the Happy Price Selection range would be launched on March 17th. 12 games will be available at a lower price: 2 916 Yen. Just like with the Nintendo Selects in Europe, the price drop will also apply to the digital version of the games.
Here’s the first 12 games to be added to the Happy Price Selection (which includes titles from third-party publishers):
- Tobidase Doubtsu no Mori / Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Nintendo)
- Tomodachi Collection: Shin Seikatsu / Tomodachi Life (Nintendo)
- Luigi’s Mansion 2 (Nintendo)
- Nintendogs+cats: Toy Poodle & New Friends (Nintendo)
- Nintendogs+cats: French Bulldog & New Friends (Nintendo)
- Nintendogs+cats: Shiba Inu & New Friends (Nintendo)
- Dora Eigo: Nobita to Yousei no Fushigi Collection (Shogakukan)
- Sumikko Gurashi: Koko ga Ochitsukundesu (Nippon Columbia)
- Kuma ・ Tomo (Bandai-Namco)
- Gotouji Tetsudou ~ Gotoji Chara to Nippon Zenkoku no Tabi~ (Bandai-Namco)
- Taiko no Tatsujin: Chibi Dragon to Fushigina Orb (Bandai-Namco)
- Bokujou Monogatari: Hajimari no Daichi / Harvest Moon: A New Beginning (Marvelous)