Looking for a 3D action-adventure game on Nintendo Switch, but something different than what you’re already used to? Then Mulaka is definitely the game for you, as it’s based on the rich indigenous culture of the Tarahumara, renowned for their impressive running abilities.
In this game, you get to play as a Sukurúame (a Tarahumara shaman), who goes on a journey in order to fight back the foulness corrupting the land. To do so, he has no choice but to draw upon the powers of demigods. Mulaka has you solve various puzzles (in environments inspried by actual Sierra Tarahumara locations), but also take part in heated hand-to-hand combat with various creatures (pulled from the region’s mythology).
Why have the Tarahumara earned a reputation for being superhumans? Well, you will have to play the game in order to find out!
Here’s the key features of Mulaka on Nintendo Switch:
- Become the legend: Harness the renowned athletic talents of the Tarahumara as you engage in fast-paced platforming and hand-to-hand combat.
- Explore Sierra Tarahumara: Traverse a 3D world inspired by the legendary, real-life landscapes of northern Mexico, rendered in a vibrant, low-poly visual style.
- Based on real mythology: Draw upon the powers of demigods and battle fearsome creatures pulled from the rich lore of the Tarahumara people.
- Live the culture: From narration in their indigenous language, to music unique to the region, experience an authentic representation of Tarahumara culture.
- Mix up your gameplay: Leverage the Tarahumara’s physical prowess, demigod transformations, puzzle-solving and the crafting of magic potions as you save humanity from the corruption plaguing it.
Finally, here’s a trailer and plenty of pictures:
Mulaka (Switch – eShop) will be released in Early 2018 in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!