On this page, you will find all there is to know about the Software updates for Moonlighter on Nintendo Switch (originally released on November 5th 2018 in North America, and November 9th 2018 in Europe).
How to download updates for Moonlighter for the Nintendo Switch?
To download the updates for Moonlighter, you have three options:
- let the console do its thing if you have automatic downloads activated, and didn’t completely turn it off
- try to launch the game from the Home Menu while being connected to the internet. You should get a prompt when doing so: simply follow the instructions on screen;
- select the game > press either + or – to go to the Options page > select Software update > select Via the Internet.
To check that you have the latest version installed, simply select the game on the Home Menu, and press – or + to go to the Options: the version number is displayed just below the game title.
Click here for more Software updates!
Moonlighter – Ver. ??? (Friends and Foes Update)
- Release date: February 13th 2019 (Europe, North America:
- Patch notes:
We have developed 9 new familiars. To get them, you need to kill a particular enemy type 10 times. Then, a special Egg will appear! After 3 days, the egg will hatch inside your farm – and your new friend is going to be ready for action! Each familiar has different mechanics. They can damage enemies, restore your life, get items for you, act as an additional chest and more
We have added 8 minibosses! They will appear as guardians of the dungeons, securing gateways leading to deeper rooms. They will emerge at the end of the first and second floor in each dungeon.
From now on, when you visit the dungeons at night, Zenon will be there, sitting by his campfire, ready to tell you some stories of old, about Rynoka and Moonlighter’s world. Those tales will be unlocked with the game’s progression.
We’ve modified and added more lines for Tomo. They should explain her relationship with Will better, shedding some light on their mutual past.
We have introduced a lot of special warnings and UI changes to avoid the Banker “stealing” your money. A lot of you forgot to revisit that mustachioed capitalist and were losing the investment.
We’ve added a sorting method inside the inventory.
Get the Broom!
We’ve added the possibility to get the Broom™ from Le Retailer (if you’ve managed to lose it somehow!). The Broom™ is important for getting some achievements – so we hope you’re gonna like that little feature!
We’ve added a new system in the Shop to better inform whenever Item’s price gets updated.
- Improved item “picking-up” mechanic. Items should no longer “fly away” from Will
- Damage absorption buff (orange health bar) gained from sleeping in the upgraded bed was increased in the New game+
- Fixed issue where some weapons could not be enchanted beyond the first upgrade
- Supporter Bow no longer can be enchanted over and over
- Fixed issue where Wishlist could display wrong information about ingredients when an item was added to it at the Witch
- Fixed issue with ingredients for weapon enchanting
- Fixed minor issue with Hawker item prices
- Fixed minor UI issues at the Witch and Wishlist
- Fixed minor localization issues
- Desert dungeon pillars should no longer lock the player in the dungeon room
- Hermit Slime no longer can mix up corrupted dungeon items in the character’s inventory
- An issue where Bard Puppet could become invincible (flying golem from the Desert Dungeon) is now finally fixed
- Character no longer gets stuck when opening a chest when the Wanderer (green monster) is about to destroy it
- Golem Dungeon Boss’ hand slam attack should now follow the character properly
- Fixed issue where 5th Dungeon Boss did not receive damage from arrows during one animation
- Fixed Forest Dungeon Boss’ leap attack damage
- Fixed issue where Will could get stuck in the shop not able to open counters, sleep or exit through the door
- Additional notes: none.
- Source: 11 bit studios