As announced the other day, Monster Hunter Stories was showcased today during the Monster Hunter Tokuban 2016 Autumn livestream (just like Monster Hunter XX, see below for some footage!). Nothing really new was announced, but Capcom did showcase some of the DLC coming out tomorrow in Japan.
First, there’s the Daigo collaboration, with:
- a special outfit for your character
- a special weapon (Great Sword)
- a special tournament
And then there’s a collaboration with… Monster Hunter X / Generations. The Monster Hunter series is known for its many collaboration, but there’s something quite amusing about a series collaborating with itself!
This new collaboration will also make its way to Monster Hunter Stories tomorrow, via DLC. There will be the following:
- a special weapon based on the Glavenus (a Great Sword), unlocked by winning a special tournament;
- a special costume for Nabirou, unlocked by completing a special sub-quest;
- background for your Rider card;
- the Glavenus as an Otomon. He can use a power Cross attack (as you can see in the footage below);
- special icons for the multiplayer chat.
Here’s some gameplay footage for Monster Hunter Stories, showcasing tomorrow’s DLC:
We should have more details about the Monster Hunter Stories DLC tomorrow. In the mean time, here’s some more footage for the game, showcasing the contents from the Legend of Zelda collaboration DLC:
In the mean time, why not check out some gameplay footage for Monster Hunter XX (Double Cross), revealed today? Here’s a YouTube playlist with all our recordings:
Monster Hunter XX (Double Cross) (3DS) comes out on March 18th in Japan.