After a 7 years absence, the Momotaro Dentetsu makes its comeback later this year with Momotaro Dentetsu 2017: Tachiagare Nippon!!, on Nintendo 3DS. On Wednesday, Nintendo uploaded the usual overview video, that all major releases from Nintendo get, showcasing the main elements and features.
It doesn’t show anything really new, so for more details about the game, make sure to check out this post!
The video does show some of the cards you can use in the game to give yourself an advantage, or slow down opponents:
- you can use faster trains to travel;
- you can launch a rocket to destroy an opponent’s train;
- a card has a character fart to blow away opponents;
- a card has a devil steal money to your opponents;
- a card allows you to drop poop on the tracks to block the way.
As mentioned previously, there’s over 130 cards in the game, and learning when to use one is key to victory.
The trailer also shows the special events that can occur on the board, with special characters appearing, or historical figures coming to help the player.
We also get to see the three forms of the Binbougami (God of Poverty):
- Kingbonbi (the strongest one)
Those are really bad news for you, as they can steal money… and much worse. If the Binbougami is after you, you can try and “give” it to another player before it’s too late.
Here’s the overview video for Momotaro Dentetsu 2017: Tachiagare Nippon!!:
Finally, the official website can be played in local multiplayer, with the following options:
- 4 players on one Nintendo 3DS, with only one copy of the game;
- 4 players on 4 Nintendo 3DS, with 4 copies of the game;
- 4 players on 4 Nintendo 3DS, but with only 1 copy of the game. The other players need to download a special version of the game, which will be made available for free on the Nintendo eShop (similar to Mario Party: Star Rush – Party Guest).
Momotaro Dentetsu 2017: Tachiagare Nippon!! (3DS) comes out on December 22nd in Japan.