Today, Nintendo uploaded a brand new trailer for Metoid: Samus Returns. This one focuses on the weapons, and showcases the vast arsena Samus Aran will need to rely on in order to complete her mission on SR388.
Here’s the various weapons (but also abilities, and suits) showcased in the trailer:
- Spazer Beam: “The high-output Spazer Beam fires three beams at once;”
- Power Beam: Samus’ standard weapon in pretty much all Metroid games;
- Charge Beam: you can charge your shots for more power. Can open yellow doors;
- Ice Beam: can freeze enemies, which can then be used as platforms;
- Wave Beam: your shots go through walls and obstacles;
- Grappling Beam: can be used to move around, but also pull things towards you (enemies, switches, etc.)
- Plasma Beam: three shots, can open special doors;
- Missile: for extra fire power, can open red doors;
- Super Missile: same as regular missiles, but even more powerful. Can open green doors;
- Morph Ball: Samus transforms into ball to go through tight space;
- Spider Ball: allows you to roll around on walls;
- Spring Ball: allow you to jump in Morph Ball;
- Bomb: low power bombs useable while in Morph Ball. Can be used for jumps, too;
- Power Bomb: extremely power bombs useable in Morph Ball. Can be used to destroy some special blocks;
- High Jump Boots: allows you to jump higher than with regular jumps;
- Space Jump: allows you to jump several times in a row;
- Screw Attack: same as Space Jump, but you also deal damage if you hit enemies during a jump;
- Varia Suit: allows Samus to withstand intense heat
- Gravity Suit: allows Samus to walk freely in water, but also lava;
- Aeion Abilities.
Here’s the latest trailer for Metroid: Samus Returns:
And here’s one more screenshot, showing the Grappling Beam:
Finally, the latest episode of Nintendo Minute is already available, and it’s the special one that was recorded live at PAX West a few days ago. And yes, it’s about Metroid: Samus Returns!
Hi! We had the best time at PAX West filming a live Nintendo Minute episode all about Metroid: Samus Returns. We had so much fun sharing a special message from Mr. Sakamoto, new concept artwork and taking a look at some amazing fan artwork. Audrey from the Nintendo Treehouse also played through a new area of the game. A huge thank you to everyone who came out in person. You were such an amazing audience and the best fans ever. As always, thanks so much for watching and we’ll see you next week!
-Kit & Krysta
Metroid: Samus Returns (3DS) comes out on September 15th worldwide.