Every major release from Nintendo gets one, and therefore, it was to be expected that Metroid: Samus Returns would get an official guide by Prima. Naturally, it will be released on September 15th, on the same day as the game itself (yes, it really is out in less than two months!).
What’s in the guide, exactly? Well, the kind of content anyone would expect to find in a guide, starting with a complete walkthrough of the game all the way to the very end. The guide also covers the various endings, but doesn’t say anything about them. However, based on previous Metroid games, it’s safe to assume those endings are based on your completion rate (items, etc.).
Thanks to this guide, you will also be able to find all the collectibles there is to find in Metroid: Samus Returns, and if past Metroid games are anything to go by, this one is bound to have plenty of them. The maps are definitely going to be useful when you need to find your way… or the various secrets hidden in every area.
Here’s the official product description for this Metroid: Samus Returns guide:
- Complete Walkthrough: Traverse the Metroid-infested planet SR388 using the most effective strategies, with tips and tricks straight from Metroid experts!
- All Collectible Items: We show you how to get every weapon, ability upgrade, and power-up.
- Detailed Maps: Our maps are distinctly illustrated to help you navigate every area and find every secret.
- Exhaustive Enemy Database: We cover the behavior patterns and weaknesses of every foe in the game. Never be caught off guard!
- Unlockables: Unlock all endings, bonus content, and more!
- Free Mobile-Friendly eGuide: Includes a code to access the eGuide, a web-access version of the complete guide optimized for a second-screen experience.
The paperback version costs $19.99, and is now available for pre-order on Amazon.com (NB: affiliate link). Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like there’s going to be a Limited Edition this time around…
Finally, here’s a picture of the art print Prima gave away to San Diego Comic-Con visitors yesterday:
Metroid: Samus Returns (3DS) comes out on September 15th worldwide.