We added the Nintendo Treehouse Live segment (Day 2) for the game: you will find it below, just after the break!
If you were looking forward to a new Mario Tennis game, then you must have been delighted yesterday when watching the Nintendo Digital Event! Indeed, Nintendo revealed Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash on Wii U, which will feature new moves (such as the Jumpshot, which sends the ball flying down the court) and new features (such as the Mega Battles, where you can use Mega Mushroom during matches).
The game will be playable in 1 vs 1 and 2 vs 2, against friends or the CPU. There will also be quite a few characters, including some newcomers… though we don’t know which ones just yet.
Here’s the main features of the game:
- Compete with friends in the multiplayer Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash game on the Wii U system.
- Play against friends and family in multiplayer matches.
- Play against friends and family in both singles (1v1) and doubles (2v2) matches as your favorite Mushroom Kingdom character.
- Control your character’s every movement on the court, using precise timing and the correct shot to outwit your opponent.
- Use the new Jumpshot technique to return shots like never before.
- In Mega Battles, get the Mega Mushroom to gain a “big” advantage over your competition.
- New characters make their Mario Tennis debut.
Here’s the E3 trailer and some screenshots/artworks for the game:
Here’s the Nintendo Treehouse Live segment (Day 2) for the game:
Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash (Wii U) comes out this Holiday, worldwide.