Last week, Extreme and Masaya Games revealed some new characters for their upcoming Strategy-RPG: Langrisser Re:Incarnation -Tensei- (a revival of the series). In the game, three factions are at war: Brightness, Imperial, and Darkness, and the characters which were revealed on Friday are from those very factions.
Brightness is an organisation centered around the Church. In order to resist the Empire, they’ve started to strengthen their own military. They’re waiting for the arrival of the “chosen one”, who will be able to use the “Langrisser”.
– Odilon (voiced by Jouji Nakata), the Stoic Old Knight
– Julian (voiced by Mutsumi Tamura), the Prince of the Lost Kingdom
A faction not affiliated with either Brightness or the Empire (who opress them). It is led by the Prince of Darkness Bozel, who managed to unite the denizens of Darkness. They possess some special powers.
– Patil (voiced by Chiaki Takahashi)
– Lena (voiced by Minami Takahashi): her real name is Lenata Mitlas-Dragonia
The Empire is known for its military might. In order to control most of the continent, they use a sky fortress called “Ark”, which was left by an ancien civilisation. They’ve also developed railways (and railways-based weaponry), that they use in order to conquer other nations.
– Joah (voiced by Yuuichi Iguchi): an officer from the Imperial Army
– Chris (voiced by Hiromi Sakurai): a proud member of the Aristocracy. Her real name is Christiane von Prinz Flandre-Poetia
– Conny (voiced by Tokui Sora): her real name is Constance Yahalt.
Langrisser Re:Incarnation -Tensei- (3DS) comes out on July 23rd in Japan.