A Knight’s Quest announced for the Nintendo Switch
Last week, Curve Studios announced two games for the Nintendo Switch: The Flame in the Flood and Human: Fall Flat. But it turns out there was a third one… A Knight’s Quest. For those who never heard of the game, it’s an action-adventure-RPG inspired by The Legend of Zelda and Metroid, with an emphasis on humour, exploration, and combat.
In this game, you get to play as Rusty (no, not that one!), described as a bold yet clumsy adventurer. The very reason he’s going on a journey is to set things right. What kind of things, you ask? Oh, he just released an ancient evil into the land, nothing too important.
Rusty can use a mysterious shield, which is more awesome than mysterious: it allows him to separate his spirit from his body to solve puzzle, but also gain access to new areas, and combat spectral enemies. See? Told you that shield was awesome!
Just like in a traditional Zelda game, you discover new items and abilities, and those change the way you interact with the world. There’s also various skills to upgrade, and for those of you who like to adventure their own way, you can choose whichever weapons suit your play style. Finally, the developers mention NPC conversations, that use a “full dialogue system”.
Here’s a video and some pictures for A Knight’s Adventure (though not from the Nintendo Switch version):
Here’s the main features:
- A robust combat system revolving around the use of 3 weapon types with different attacks and special abilities. Alternate between slow, powerful attacks with the Frozen Hammer to chaining lightning-fast combos with the Dual Magma Daggers.
- Unique abilities that change the way you interact with the environment from grinding on rails and running on walls, to a rune that slows down time, to wings that allow you to take flight, there are many treasures to find.
- Split into spirit form and experience a whole different side of the world.
- In addition to healing, potions can be crafted to boost combat prowess or grant invisibility. At harder difficulties the only way to heal is by using potions!
- Find skill orbs hidden through-out the world upgrade within 3 distinct skill paths. Customize your skills between raw power, evasiveness, and tactical combat.
- Upgrade weapons using items found throughout the world and enhance their effectiveness.
- A massive world to explore full of secrets, upgrades, side quests and deadly dungeons. Constant unique gameplay elements keep you on your toes.
- A charming coming-of-age story of adventure and what it means to be a hero.
A Knight’s Quest (Switch – eShop) does not have a release date yet, but it’s already been added to the Upcoming Games page!
Source: Curve Digital PR