Today, Media Create released its weekly report for video game sales in Japan, providing us with more sales data for Week 38. During that week, a total of 417 000 units were sold for Software, which amounts to 62.72% of Week 37 sales. That’s quite the difference with Week 37, due to the release of Persona 5 (which naturally dropped during its second week).
Media Creates notes that there were two public holidays during Week 38, which is why sales of family-friendly titles (mainly on Nintendo platforms) increased.
Hardware-wise, sales also dropped with “only” 97 000 units sold in total (that’s 64.26% of Week 37 sales). The drop is quite obviously due to the release of the PlayStation 4 Slim and the Nintendo 2DS, which boosted total Hardware sales during their launch week.
Source: Media Create
Here’s the sales data for individual versions of Yo-kai Watch 3, Puzzle & Dragons X, and Pokémon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire:
- Yo-kai Watch 3: Tempura – 11 950 units this week, 578 826 units since launch. It outsold the Sushi version for the first time since launch;
- Yo-kai Watch 3: Sushi – 11 744 units this week, 611 835 units since launch;
- Puzzle & Dragons X: Ryuu no Shou – 3 039 units this week, 89 701 units since launch;
- Puzzle & Dragons X: Ryuu no Shou – 2 844 units this week, 90 518 units since launch;
- Pokémon Alpha Sapphire – 2 228 units this week, 1 618 076 untis since launch;
- Pokémon Omega Ruby – 1 961 units this week, 1 408 492 units since launch.