Today’s Indie news:
- Super Meat Boy
- Olympia Rising [Update!]
- Ren Hu: Rebel Yell
- Paradise Lost: First Contact [Update!]
- Color Symphony 2 [Update!]
- YIIK [Update!]
During the latest Nintendo Direct presentation, it was announced that BlitWorks was bringing Super Meat Boy to Wii U. Unfortunately, we still don’t know when the game will be released, but it looks like the Nintendo eShop has the answer: May 12th. It’s quite likely North America will get it on the same day, provided that date isn’t a mistake or the game suffers a last-minute delay.
Thanks Yannick for the heads-up!
Did you like Gunslugs 2, on the Nintendo eShop of the Nintendo 3DS? If yes, then you’ll be glad to hear that its predecessor, Gunslugs, is also coming! Engine Software confirmed to NintendoLife that a 3DS port of the game was indeed in the works, and that it should be released sometime in (Late) May. It will cost €1.99 / $1.99.
Our Upcoming Releases page has been updated with this new game.
Head after the break for the rest of this post!
Yesterday evening, it was announced that a new patch for FreezeMe would be released next week in Europe (on May 3rd). The same patch will come to North America at a later date.
Here’s the changelog:
- R’s body is no longer transparent when the camera is close
- Issues related to the “no returning to hub” unlockable are fixed
- You can’t swim anymore in space by jumping from a specific location in L3
- “Under 40 secs cube” Ach-II-vement time is now stored before the cinematic
- Some hardcoded text has also been fixed
- You can’t reactivate the first fight with Fat the Cat if you don’t collect the cube and reenter the battle arena again
- If you carry a marble and then get hit the marble will not disappear anymore
- Some issues when navigating the main menu have been fixed
- You can’t activate the race by talking to the statue again if the Cube isn’t collected
- When catapulting on the top of the level in L1 you can’t glitch throw the cage and fall down the pit
- There isn’t a cloned platform in challenge 4 anymore
- Collision with some scenery elements has been improved
- Rotation of the platforms to go up the white structure on L1 has been smoothed out
Earlier this week, NostaticSoftware shared the full patch notes for the latest VoxelMaker update, which is now available. Here it is:
- Glowing blocks.
- Transparent (glass) blocks.
- *Much* faster, more interactive rendering.
- Automatic drawing of ground with shadows.
- Configurable sun color.
- Background music.
- Model auto-saving.
- New sample models.
- Improved color editor with RGB values.
Today, PlayEveryWare announced that the next patch for Olympia Rising will not be released this week after all, but next week instead (on Monday or Tuesday).
Ren Hu: Rebel Yell
Ren Hu: Rebel Yell is a “hardcore strategic beat ’em up” currently in development for PC, described as “spiritual successor to God Hand”. Right now, the game is on Kickstarter, with 1 456€ already funded (the developers need 25 750€ in total). One of the stretch goals is for a Wii U version: the developers need 50 250€ to make it happen.
If you’re interested about the game, click here to check it out its Kickstarter page!
Paradise Lost: First Contact
Today, the developers of Paradise Lost: First Contact posted a rather lengthy Kickstarter update, about the following:
- Level color grading
- Color blending options
- Contrast and depth
- Pixel particles
- Camera Shaking
Click here to check it out!
Color Symphony 2
According to a listing on the Nintendo eShop, spotted by Nintendo Hall, Color Symphony 2 should be released on May 12th in Europe.
Our Upcoming Releases page has been updated with this new date!
Here’s a gameplay tour with Kirbopher, who voices the main character of YIIK:
And if you’re into post-modernism, and YIIK, you should definitely check out this blog post from Ackk Studios, which happens to talk about both!