Earlier this week, Natsume shared the 3rd Feature Spotlight post for Harvest Moon: Light of Hope, and this one is all about elements of Harvest Moon / Story of Seasons games that have become a staple of the series… Romance and Dating!
Harvest Moon: Light of Hope features 10 bachelors and bachelorettes:
- Jeanne, the island’s herbal doctor
- Dean the flower-loving son of Carol, the owner of the flower shop
- Melanie, the town seamstress
- Cyril, the absentminded aristocrat
- Nova, the mysterious newcomer to the island
- Gabriel, the sensitive son of Sofia, the livestock dealer
- Elise, the daughter of Bastian, the owner of the restaurant
- Edmond, the masterful mage
- Tabitha, the World’s Number One Witch;
- Gareth, the reticent wizard.
One thing that hasn’t changed from previous Harvest Moon games: gifts play a major role in dating, and finding out what your sweetheart likes and dislikes is key. You’re certainly not going to win their heart if you gift them something they hate. If you need help, you can go ask Tabitha for some pretty useful advice. Another key element of dating: festivals, and inviting your crush to go with you is a good way to get closer to them.
Once you’ve won their heart, and grown close enough to them, you will be able to get married with your sweetheart, and even start a family.
Here’s a video showcasing Dating and Romance in Harvest Moon: Light of Hope:
Harvest Moon: Light of Hope (Switch) comes out in Early 2018.
Source: Natsume (Facebook)