Today, Nintendo released a brand new Software update for Fire Emblem Heroes. It brings the game to Ver. 1.4.0, and comes with quite a lot of changes and new features. Some of them are mentioned in the patch notes, but as always, we had to wait for the in-game notification for more details about it.
The first new feature is a new type of event, called Tempest Trials: you can find out all you need to know about them in this post. The first one will go live tomorrow (June 8th)!
Next: Teams. You can now create a total of 8 Teams for you to use in Battle. Even better: you can name each one, allowing you to easily find the right team for the right mode and/or map. But that’s not all: you can now choose a Defensive team for the Arena, which is good news for those playing it on a regular basis. Just don’t forget to battle at least once after setting your Defensive Team, or the change will not be reflected.
Quests also received a few changes:
- if you’ve completed several quests, you can now claim all rewards at once (using the big green “Accept All” button at the top of the screen)
- if you’ve completed all the quests in a list, then the ○ at the top of the screen changes colour, and that list is automatically moved to the right side of the tab;
- after battle, the Quests notification will have a different colour depending on whether you’ve completed a quest, or simply made progress towards completion.
Also, when you tap a Hero’s level at the top of the status screen, you can see the number of times Merge Ally has been performed on that specific Hero.
New options in Settings have also been added:
- Double Tap to Wait: if set to On, double-tapping an ally will make them wait. If set to Off, it will not make them wait, and you can then select End Turn without performing an action to move to the next turn;
- Auto-Battle Text: if set to Auto-Advance, text in battles will advance automatically (including level up notifications).
Finally, the developers added a few more changes, such as victory conditions now being displayed at the beginning of battle (for maps that do have specific victory conditions only). Load times for the Arena have also been reduced, the amount of data transmitted during play has been lowered, and various other small improvements have also been made.
Here’s some screenshots for that Fire Emblem Heroes Ver. 1.4.0 update:
Source: Fire Emblem Heroes