On this page, you will find all there is to know about the various updates for Fae Farm on Nintendo Switch (originally released in September 2023 in North America and Europe, and December 2023 in Japan)!
Click here for more Software updates!
Fae Farm – Ver. ??? (Coasts of Croakia)
- Release date: December 14th 2023 (North America, Europe, Japan)
- Patch notes:
No patch notes available. This free content update brings the following to the game:
- Fae Farm: Coasts of Croakia invites players to a new realm where they’ll meet mysterious new characters and take on brand-new quests. Players can look forward to exciting encounters and discoveries, brand-new gameplay mechanics, and more.
- Adds new and unique dialogues for our NPC vendors
- Additional notes: none.
- Source: Phoenix Labs PR (30/11/2023) / Phoenix Labs (Twitter)
Fae Farm – Ver. 1.5.1
- Release date: ???
- Patch notes:
No patch notes available.
- Additional notes: none.
- Source: Phoenix Labs
Fae Farm – Ver. 1.4.0
- Release date: October 17th 2023 (North America, Europe)
- Patch notes:
- Fixed issues that could cause you to spawn in a black void outside the map, or in a rock near the starter farm, when loading a save.
- The game clock will now pause when using the storage shed or mailbox while in single player.
- Fixed an issue where using keyboard shortcuts to open interface screens that should pause the game clock was not actually pausing.
- Fixed an issue that could block holding to plant multiple items from working as intended.
- Fixed an issue that could cause fertilizer to be applied immediately after planting seeds on wet soil.
- Fixed the chance of generating a sapling using a Propagation Hive being much lower than intended.
- Improved the behaviour of the Blamp waves in dungeons, to more gradually increase their presence as you go through floors, and to help with performance on lower-end devices.
- Fixed an issue where Cannots could disappear when in combat near dungeon walls.
- Fixed an issue causing some potion effects (such as Jar of Sadness or Jar of Bees) moving at unintended speeds depending on framerate.
- Fixed an issue where opening the construction menu on your farm could result in the camera zooming to another farm location.
- Slightly repositioned a signpost near the starter farm that could interfere with the placement of, and interaction with, items very close to it when using mouse on PC.
- Honeycomb can now be found in the Prepared Ingredients section of the Almanac and Storage; it was previously missing a category.
- Fixed an issue that could block quest progression if for any reason a required story cutscene did not play. Players who are in this state should now be able to progress.
- Fixed an issue where you could back out of or cancel the dialogue after accepting a quest, resulting in it not actually being accepted.
- Fixed an issue where delivering an item for a sprite quest could not count if you had a shipping contract that was also asking for the same item.
- Fixed a rare issue where the order of your tools could get set incorrectly, blocking upgrading them.
- Fixed an issue where festival quests could sometimes take more items than they requested, if you had them in your inventory.
- Fixed an issue where clovers collected using the Vortex spell did not count towards the achievement.
- Fixed an issue where Magic job quest 10 could not be progressed as a client in multiplayer.
- Fixed an issue where accepting the quest Fae Farming Evolved did not grant you a Bounteous Fertilizer as intended.
- XP earned from harvesting Sugar Cane will now go to Foraging, not Farming.
Changed the behavior of relationship progress, based on player feedback:
- Relationship points can still be earned by interacting with an NPC for the first time each day, by completing relationship quests, and by giving gifts, all at the same rate as before.
- When you reach the points threshold for a date, you will still receive the mail inviting you on it, and you must read this mail in your mailbox in order to get the date option on the NPC.
- You will no longer earn any relationship points from any source for this NPC, until you go on the date.
- After the date, you can continue to progress again, up until the next date.
- This will solve the case where players could get very high relationship progress with an NPC without ever going on a date.
- For players who already have relationship progress, no progress is being reset or regressed with this change. However, if you already built a high relationship level with an NPC you had not dated, you may now get a number of date requests in a row.
- A reminder that if (due to the previous behavior) you have a higher relationship level with an NPC than you would want, you can reset it in the Relationships screen.
In addition to that feedback, we are also implementing these changes:
- Fixed an issue where an NPC could appear as your spouse without you marrying them. Following this update, only an NPC you have actually had a wedding with will show as your spouse.
- Fixed an issue where quitting the game between paying for a wedding and it being held could result in the wedding not taking place and the relationship being stuck at “Fiancé”. Players who were in this stuck state will now correctly move on to the “Spouse” status with this NPC.
- Added a fix-up to help with a situation where the day ending in multiplayer while in the wedding outfit selection screen could cause the wedding to not occur, and you to be stuck at “Fiancé”.
- Players who were in this stuck state will now have their wedding automatically scheduled on the next available day, with the Fae outfit selected (although all three will be added to their inventory after the wedding).
- Please note that the causing bug here can still occur (and will be fixed in a future update) but if you encounter it, leaving and reloading your save will now trigger the fix-up.
- Fixed a crash that occurred if you reset your relationship with Pyria while in the Dating, Getting Serious, or Spouse statuses.
- Fixed an issue where the view could be obscured if you initiated a date while sitting down.
- Fixed an issue blocking clients in a multiplayer session from receiving date requests.
- Fixed unintended symbols appearing in dialog when a wedding took place in a multiplayer session.
- Fixed animals getting into a state where they no longer produced materials.
- Fixed a number of issues that could result in breeding being canceled, and animals being returned to their coops.
- Fixed an issue where sold animals could reappear in your barns after saving and loading the game.
- Fixed an issue where animals from the first and second farms would appear at the most recently-placed Animal Lure, regardless of which farm it was placed at.
- Removed the brush status icon from appearing in the ledger next to animals that cannot be brushed.
- Fixed an issue that could occur where clients joining a multiplayer session did not correctly go through the join process, arriving as the default character (with no character creator) and missing key tools.
- Alongside this fix, players who are detected to be in this bad state will be returned to the character creator to correctly set up their character as a new one – this will unfortunately result in lost progress for players who were able to continue despite missing key items, as we will reset their progress to get them back into a good state to play.
- Fixed an issue where transferring items from the storage shed or crafting stations in multiplayer sessions could result in them being lost or overwriting an item already in your inventory.
- Fixed an issue where clients playing on Switch would be disconnected after pressing the Home button on the system.
- Fixed an issue where the game client could become temporarily unresponsive when accepting a multiplayer invite or choosing to Host Online in the Steam version of the game.
- Fixed an issue that blocked clients of a multiplayer session receiving the “Interested in Dyes?” letter in their mailbox, stopping them from being able to claim the free dye set. Affected players should now receive this and be able to claim these dyes.
- Fixed an issue where Eutats and Ember Eutats attacks did not damage clients in a multiplayer session.
- Fixed an issue causing jumping/diving animations in water to not animate correctly when playing as a client in a multiplayer session.
- Fixed an issue where the map tracker did not correctly point to other players if they were in a dungeon.
- You will now receive a notification on the right of the screen when you receive a Phoenix Labs friend request, as well as if someone accepts one that you send.
- Fixed an issue where an expired limited-time quest (such as a festival quest) could leave an unclearable notification in the Quest Log.
- Improved the behaviour of the Graphics Settings screen, adding an Apply button and a countdown before automatically reverting.
- Fixed an issue that could cause quest completion banners to appear as blank when appearing before a chapter completion banner.
- Fixed an issue where the input prompt for removing players in the World Management screen was missing.
- Fixed some unintended overlapping visual elements in the World Management screen.
- Fixed an issue where the header of the Coordination Wheel’s Build option was hidden.
- Fixed an overlap between the “next day” panel and the scroll prompt in the End of Day screen.
- The details panel panel of the Tools Progression screen can now be scrolled with mouse wheel on PC.
- Removed a message that would incorrectly tell you that you can only sleep in your main house, when interacting with a bed in another house. As a reminder, you only get the coziness-based stat boosts if you sleep in the relevant house’s bed.
- Fixed an issue that required pressing select/back inputs twice for them to function on PC on the first day of a new season.
- Fixed an issue that could block selecting a body type in the Character Creator with mouse.
- The current build version of the game will now show in the bottom of the Settings screen, to assist with bug report and Player Support investigations.
- Fixed an issue where too many items would appear in the Pinned Quest UI at once when playing in Japanese, Korean, or Chinese.
- Improved handling of line breaking when playing with system language set to Japanese.
- Improved the display of numbers, as well as the date, when playing in Japanese.
- Fixed the “Expired Contract” text on the End of Day screen displaying in English while playing in other languages.
- Fixed some text in the Coziness menu displaying in English while playing in other languages.
- Fixed emote names showing in English when in a quest objective, while playing in other languages.
- Fixed an issue causing the Copyright section of the Credits to not show when playing in non-English languages.
- Improved Japanese localization.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in incorrect dye colours after dyeing one outfit, then switching to another.
- Fixed a rendering issue that could cause some grass to show as the wrong colour.
- Fixed a rendering issue that could result in some trees to show as low-quality versions during their regrowth phases.
- Fixed an issue where resetting Graphics Settings to Default did not reset the Resolution option.
- Fixed an issue where launching the game on one monitor and moving it to another did not allow for resolutions supported by the new monitor.
- Fixed a number of typos in English and other languages.
- Additional notes: none.
- Source: Phoenix Labs
Fae Farm – Ver. 1.3.3
- Release date: September 21st 2023 (North America, Europe)
- Patch notes:
- Fixed an issue where having “<” in your username could cause dialogue to loop during quest dialog, on Switch. (This update previously deployed to the PC version in update 1.3.2)
- Improved an issue where character face detail could appear lower quality than intended on Switch.
GAMEPLAY AND PROGRESSION:
- Fixed an issue where players could not reliably accept shipping contracts. Please note that it is intended that you can only complete one contract from each choice of three, and will need to wait for them to refresh (every two weeks) to accept a new one.
- Fixed an issue where players could permanently lose their ability to double jump if they manually unequipped their wings before using Character Customization via a Mirror, or before a wedding. Please note that it is intended behavior that double jump is only available while you have a set of wings actively equipped (and it should now correctly function that way).
- Fixed an issue where casting your fishing rod or using watering can special abilities could be blocked while wearing the Cozy, Logger, and Autumn hats.
- Fixed an issue where the name you set for your farm during Chapter 1 was not saved correctly.
- Fixed a state where you could be left without an active quest if you completed Chapter 2, then left to a multiplayer session before completing the day.
- Updated the requirements for the side quest “Versatile Vortex” to only require clearing 10 clouds of mist, to avoid player confusion.
- Fixed an unusable version of the Berry Cordial being rewarded from Potion Making job quest 2.
- Fixed an issue where Animal Care job quest 1 could not be completed if a chickoo had been bred before activating it.
- Fixed an issue where friendship or relationship quests could take more items from your inventory than they were requiring.
- Fixed an issue where the celebration animation did not play when unlocking the second and third farms.
WORLD AND ITEMS:
- Fixed an issue that was blocking some nuts, greens, and mushrooms from regrowing after season changes.
- Updated the names of a number of forage items to include “Wild” to make clearer that they are not grown.
- Updated the name of the spring greens from “Arugula” to “Wild Spring Greens”, based on player feedback.
- Fixed an issue that was causing Hives to generate an unusable item “Medium Honeycomb” when placed near flowers.
- Updated the name of “Small Honeycomb” to just “Honeycomb”.
MULTIPLAYER AND ONLINE:
- Improved the behavior on joining a multiplayer session as a client, so you will now automatically receive the correct staff and wings directly, based on the world’s progression, without having to manually claim them from the mailbox.
- Fixed a crash that could occur for a client of a multiplayer session when the host put their device to sleep.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when resuming the game after your device had been in sleep mode for a few hours, having previously been in a multiplayer session.
- Fixed an issue that could block access to online features when resuming the game after your device had been in sleep mode for a few hours.
- Fixed an issue where progress was inconsistently saved when a client left a multiplayer session.
- Fixed an issue where the side quest “Wave of Emotion” could not be completed by clients in a multiplayer session.
- Fixed an issue where Magic job quest 5 could not be completed by clients in a multiplayer session.
- Fixed an issue where the wayshrine in dungeons could disappear after using it to teleport to a new floor, when playing as a client in a multiplayer session.
- Fixed an issue where switches or other progression items in dungeons could be already uncovered when arriving on a new floor.
- Fixed an issue where eating or drinking audio was played to all players in a multiplayer session.
- Fixed an issue where the voice option chosen by clients in a multiplayer session was not correctly played to the host.
- Fixed an issue where quest accept/redeem banners could stop displaying after playing through levels of a dungeon.
- Fixed an issue where the new season banner could get stuck on the screen.
- Fixed an issue where the new season banner would not appear if an animal was born on the same day.
- Fixed an issue friendship and relationship quests were incorrectly showing the completion dialog when accepting them.
- Fixed an issue where upgrading a tool would result in duplicate Almanac unlock popups.
- Fixed an issue where the alphabetical sort order in the Storage screen was reversed.
- Fixed duplicate UI elements that could appear when using the Randomize option was used while viewing the Voice tab of the Character Customization screen.
- Fixed an issue that could cause an unintended screen to appear when leaving Character Customization at the Mirror.
- Fixed an issue that stopped the animal interaction options from appearing after using one of them, until you moved away from and returned to an animal.
- Made the expiry timer on limited-time quests more visible in the Quest Log.
- Removed two unintended invalid entries that could appear in the More Info view in the Almanac.
- Fixed a missing section, and other miscellaneous fixes, in the Credits.
- Fixed a number of typos in English.
- Fixed a number of minor reported localization issues across languages.
- Additional notes: none.
- Source: Phoenix Labs
How to download updates for Fae Farm for the Nintendo Switch?
To download the updates for Fae Farm, you have three options:
- let the console do its thing if you have automatic downloads activated, and didn’t completely turn it off
- try to launch the game from the Home Menu while being connected to the internet. You should get a prompt when doing so: simply follow the instructions on screen;
- select the game > press either + or – to go to the Options page > select Software update > select Via the Internet.
To check that you have the latest version installed, simply select the game on the Home Menu, and press – or + to go to the Options: the version number is displayed just below the game title.