Today’s Nintendo eShop news: release date for Celeste Chapter 9: Farewell, but also…
- Rebel Cops
- Jet Kave Adventure
Yesterday, the developers of Celeste made a couple of announcements:
- they have created their very own company for their games, called Extremely OK Games (more details!)
- Celeste Chapter 9: Farewell has a release date: September 9th. It will be free.
Here’s some details about it:
- It contains 100+ new levels, bringing the game’s total to over 800!
- Over 40 minutes of new music from Lena Raine. (Purchase the soundtrack on Bandcamp!)
- There’s several brand new mechanics and items to discover and play with.
- Reconnect with beloved characters for a final goodbye.
- This chapter doesn’t have a B- or C-Side.
- To unlock it, simply complete Chapter 8.
Source: Extremely OK Games
THQ Nordic have announced their latest game for the Nintendo Switch: Rebel Cops. It’s a turn-based tactics stealth game set in the This Is the Police universe, and it’s releasing quite soon… on September 17th, in Europe and North America! It will cost 9.99€ / $9.99, and will provide about 15 hours of gameplay.
Here’s a trailer, some details, and the list of key features:
Victor Zuev has won. The ruthless crime lord now controls the town of Ripton. All the officials are on his payroll, businessmen are at his mercy, even the local police have surrendered to his will and any opposition has been smashed to pieces. Well, not quite all, exactly: there is a small rag-tag squad of true policemen, who still believe in the words “to serve and protect” and will fight against all odds to serve justice and to protect the citizens. Not all heroes wear badges …
You’re always out-gunned and out-numbered and low on resources. Your team is driven, not by beating the odds, but by the will to hunt down crime lord Zuev and to restore justice in Ripton, and is fully prepared to sacrifice everything in the process. The need for more weapons and equipment can be satisfied in any of the sandbox-missions. Besides the main goals, like rescuing some hostages or eliminating a henchman of Zuev’s gangster squad, each mission has optional side goals as well as many parts to explore where your cops can find useful equipment.
But beware: every step you take is a risk. Rebel Cops is an unforgiving game, as every bullet can end a cops life. There are no hitpoints, even if your trooper is just hit in the foot, he can bleed out. So make sure to guide them safely through each encounter – the more experience they get, the more skilled they become.
Rebel Cops is a turn-based tactics stealth game set in the This Is the Police universe. In Rebel Cops, you control a squad of ex-police officers united by a desire to take down their town’s new criminal overlord. The spin-off will focus on turn-based stealth gameplay, with unforgiving combat and vast levels to explore.
- Fight the corrupt authority: After criminal mastermind Viktor Zuev took over the town of Ripton, you and your fellow police officers have gone rogue to do what must be done. Perform tactical turn-based missions to undermine Zuev’s allies and bring the power back to the people.
- No hitpoints, no forgiveness: You are outmanned and outgunned. Use stealth tactics and cover to approach the enemy quietly and take them down before they can raise any alarms. There are no health bars in Rebel Cops! Once shot, your officers will bleed out unless you act fast to save them.
- Explore, loot, and watch your back: Rebel Cops features a large number of scenarios, from compact operations to big, open-ended locations to explore. Build up your street cred in Ripton by helping out local folks in side missions and get rewarded for exploring the levels thoroughly.
- Take the high moral road – or not: Justice must be served, but it’s up to you to choose how that happens. Will you play by Zuev’s merciless rules? Will you help the desperate townspeople, even if it means putting your operation at risk? In Rebel Cops, your reputation will affect your team’s morale and even the merchants’ prices.
Rebel Cops (Switch – eShop) comes out on September 17th in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: THQ Nordic PR
Jet Kave Adventure
Jet Kave Adventure is now available for pre-purchase on the Nintendo Switch, with two offers to take advantage off:
- 10% off pre-purchase discount
- 15% discount until October 1st if you also own Castle of Heart, Golf Peaks, or Warplanes: WW2 Dogfight on Nintendo Switch.
Here’s the latest trailer for the game:
Jate Kave Adventure (Switch) comes out on September 17th in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: 7Levels PR