eShop news (October 30, Round 2): Neon Abyss / Still There
Today’s Nintendo eShop news: latest trailer for Neon Abyss, but also…
- Still There
- Vaporum: Lockdown
Here’s the latest trailer and the list of key features for Neon Abyss:
- Action-packed, procedurally-generated roguelike
- Collect more than 400 different items through the dungeons
- Uncover and complete minigames strewn throughout the game
- Collect and hatch pets along the journey
- Character custumisation
Neon Abyss (Switch – eShop) comes out in 2020 in Europe and North America.
Source: Team17 PR
Iceberg Interactive have announced that Still There will be released on November 20th in Europe and North America.
Here’s a trailer and some details:
Every day is the same on the faraway Bento space-lighthouse – until a mysterious radio message breaks through. Evade the past, welcome oblivion, make the perfect Italian coffee. Still There is a psychological adventure game about grief, technical puzzles, wacky AIs and dark humour. How far is far enough?
Still There (Switch – eShop) comes out on November 20th in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: Iceberg Interactive PR
Fatbot Games have announced a new game for the Nintendo Switch. It’s called Vaporum: Lockdown, and it’s actually a prequel to Vaporum (already available on the platform). It will be released in earmy 2020 in Europe and North America.
Here’s a trailer, some details, and the list of key features:
Vaporum: Lockdown is a prequel to the award-winning steampunk dungeon crawler Vaporum (90% rating on Steam). It is a grid-based, single-player, single-character game, seen from a first-person perspective in an original steampunk setting, inspired by old-school games like Dungeon Master I and II, the Eye of the Beholder series, and the more recent Legend of Grimrock I and II.
You will encounter even nastier enemies with unique strengths and attack patterns. To beat them, you will have to employ a broad array of weapons, gadgets, upgrades, and smart tactics. Fortunately, there’s plenty of powerful toys to play with. Brand new weapon types, each with a specific use, many new unique weapons, synergistic armor pieces, gadgets that allow you to raise your own army of underlings or to manipulate the battlefield, boosters, and more.
Prepare to solve new kinds of puzzles and hazards, using new interactive elements, which will test both your wits and reflexes. The overall storyline will have you piecing together a solution to the main obstacle, where the individual pieces are spread over several levels. You will learn a lot more about the world and its inhabitants through voiced dialogs, phonodiaries, and written notes. Improve your exoskeleton to be ready to face the dangers that lurk around every dark corner.
The game expands on everything that made the first game good, including more menacing enemy types, broadened skill trees, new gadgets, plenty of new unique items, and original puzzles and mechanics. Vaporum: Lockdown follows the story of Lisa Teller, a teleport operator & scientist, who struggles to survive the aftermath of a terrible event.
- Fight in real time! First-person real-time combat with deadly foes with varied abilities and behaviors.
- Stop time mode! Enable this mode at any time to cause time to only pass when you act, giving you unlimited time to reason about your next best move. Useful in both combat and puzzles!
- Be tactical. Use various attacks and read your opponents – each enemy has a different set of strengths and weaknesses.
- Fully voiced main characters. Explore the story through a fully voiced main protagonist and several other key characters, in the form of dialogs and phonodiaries.
- Tons of customization options! The gadget-based RPG system allows you to evolve your exoskeleton over time and also adapt to any situation at will.
- Absorb fumium from defeated enemies. Unlock additional circuits in your exoskeleton and gain new bonuses and skills.
- Keep your wits about you. Solve level-wide objectives and puzzles that vary in difficulty.
- Explore and loot. Look for optional passages filled with additional challenges and rewards.
- Survive the chaos that has set in after terrible events, and escape the tower on full lockdown!
- Immersive steampunk setting. Beautiful graphics, stunning sound design, and an atmosphere of constant danger lurking around every corner.
Vaporum: Lockdown (Switch – eShop) comes out in early 2020 in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!