Today’s Nintendo eShop news: Phantom Break: Omnia announced for the Nintendo Switch, but also…
- They Bleed Pixels
Phantom Breaker: Omnia
Rocket Panda Games have announced their very first game, and it’s for the Nintendo Switch! Introducing Phantom Breaker: Omnia, a 2D anime fighter developed by GameLoop and mages. (and more precisely a major update to the original Phantom Breaker: Extra, first released back in 2013). It will get a worldwide release in 2021.
Here’s a trailer, some details, the list of key features, and some pictures (character artworks, screenshots):
A mysterious man, known only as ‘Phantom’ appeared in Tokyo—the capital city of Japan—and manipulated vulnerable adolescents into fighting each other, bestowing upon them mystical weapons of great strength known as ‘Fu-mension Artifacts.’ In exchange, he promised to grant their wish if they survive.
Unbeknownst to the combatants, the fierce clashes between Fu-mension Artifacts caused distortions in space-time, which compromised the boundaries between parallel universes. The collapse of these parallel universes would ultimately break the seal, unleashing Phantom’s destructive powers.
- 20 Character Roster! – Includes all the characters and guest characters from Phantom Breaker: Extra like Kurisu Makise from Steins;Gate including two brand new characters created specifically for Phantom Breaker Omnia.
- Choose from 3 different fighting styles: Quick, Hard, and Omnia! – The 3 different styles in the game can drastically change your characters’ speed, power and mechanics.
- Retuned and Rebalanced! – The ability to pull off amazing combos and special attacks has never been easier as Phantom Breaker: Omnia’s fighting system has been overhauled and rebalanced.
- Dual Language Audio and more! – A Phantom Breaker series first, all the characters will have English voice acting. The game’s text will be also translated into English, Japanese, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Simplified and Traditional Chinese.
- Modern, Remixed Soundtrack! – The background music for each character has been redone and remixed with the option to play the original background music.
- The Complete Experience! – Players can immerse themselves with the stories from both the original Phantom Breaker and Phantom Breaker: Extra.
Phantom Breaker: Omnia (Switch – eShop) comes out in 2021 worldwide.
Source: Rocket Panda Games PR
They Bleed Pixels
Spooky Squid Games have announced that They Bleed Pixels will also be released on October 22nd in Europe and North America. It’s now available for pre-purchase on the Nintendo eShop with a 20% off discount (available until October 31st. Regular price: 14.99€ / £13.49 / $14.99 / AU$18 / CA$18.89).
Here’s a trailer, some details, and the list of key features for the game:
Featuring a distinctive visual style that blends pixel art with paper and ink textures, They Bleed Pixels is a singular mix of intense platforming and fierce beat ’em up action. It tells the story of a young girl haunted by a mysterious book and her violent eldritch nightmares.
As an anonymous student of the Lafcadio Academy for Troubled Young Ladies, you must battle through your nightmares to defeat a curse that’s slowly transforming your body into a clawed demonic form. Originally released for PC in 2012, They Bleed Pixels balances a perfect mix of fast-paced acrobatic platforming and fierce, one-button, slash’em up combat. By suppressing their urge to button mash in favour of focusing on stylish and smart kills, players are rewarded with a checkpoint they can choose when to place for safety… or try their luck by holding onto it for extra bonus points.
- Hardcore original difficulty, plus an easier novice mode, to match a wide range of skills.
- Striking art style mixes low-fi pixel art with organic ink and paper textures.
- Lush gothic-cute motion comics tell the story of a young girl haunted by eldritch nightmares.
- Become a monster stabbing master or platforming speedrunner with individual level rankings, online leaderboards and 150 skill-based badges.
- Unlock bonus guest levels + illustrations by comic and game artists from around the world.
They Bleed Pixels (Switch – eShop) comes out on October 22nd worldwide.
Source: Spooky Squid Games PR
The Upcoming Games page has been updated!