Today’s Nintendo eShop news: Akane announced for the Nintendo Switch, but also…
- Vambrace: Cold Soul
- Skelly Selest
- Dead in Vinland
QubicGames are bringing another game to the Nintendo Switch: Akane, a top-down arcade slasher set in a cyberpunk universe developed by Ludic Studios. It will be released on May 17th, for 4.99€ / $4.99, and if you own one of the other games published by QubicGames on Nintendo Switch, you can get a 50% off discount! You can already pre-purchase it on the Nintendo eShop, if you’re interested.
Here’s a trailer, some details, the list of key features, and some screenshots for the game:
Sharpen your loyal katana and try to overcome hordes of furious Yakuzas panting with a murderous lust. You know that this time there will be no happy ending, and that this night will be your last. But before you go down, first take as many thugs with you as you can, and make them regret the day your paths crossed.
Akane is a brutal arena arcade slasher based on one-hit-one-kill gameplay mechanics, where the player has just one goal: to kill as many opponents as they can, before they die. To achieve this goal, players will have a diversified arsenal of weapons and special skills at their disposal. All to face different types of opponents along the way.
- Five types of opponents:
- Yakuza Guy – a common mafia pawn;
- Tank – the only villain that will require more than just one katana slash to die;
- Shooter – a sharpshooter with cybernetic enhancements. Pro tip: those guys never miss;
- Cyber Ninja – a warrior who abdicated his body to become a killing machine. His dash attacks are deadly and his defence seems impenetrable. Remember however that everybody has their weak point;
- The Boss – Katsuro, your Nemesis who evolves, gets stronger and more dangerous according to the number of times he gets killed.
- A large arsenal of diversified guns and equipment
- Katanas, each with their own unique abilities;
- Cigarettes that change the aesthetics of your special skills;
- Gadgets that grant small but significant improvements in combat;
- Boots that change the dash and the way you move on the screen.
- Special skills and moves
- Dragon Slash – dash forward killing every enemy on your way;
- Dragon Slayer – kill all enemies on the screen.
Akane (Switch – eShop) comes out on May 17th in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: QubicGames PR
Digerati have announced yet another game for the Nintendo Switch: Skelly Selest. This one is a “fast-paced slash ‘n’ dash / run ‘n’ gun” game developed by Caiysware, releasing on May 24th in Europe and North America.
Here’s a trailer, some details, the list of key features, and some screenshots:
Skelly Selest places players in the battle-hardened bone shoes of a Heavenly Keeper, in a relentless score-attack challenge against waves of Hellion forces.
Prophecy foretells that one day Hell shall runneth over and the evil dead will spill onto thy Earth. Only the Selestial Order can halt the depraved Hellion tide. Skelly Selest is a score-attack slash dash run ‘n’ gun-athon that places players in the skeletal shoes of a Heavenly Keeper.
Take on procedurally-generated gauntlets of hellspawn and bosses, and – with precise fighting prowess – defeat the sinful horrors that lurk in the depths of Hell.
- Fight furious battles across several modes, including a roguelite dungeon crawler, endless arena, Boss Rush, challenging Penitence Trials, and even a strategic collectable card game
- Visit the Bone Plains, Flesh Gardens, and other charming locations across a vibrant pixel-art hellscape Make acquaintances with monstrous enemies and bosses
- Wield blessed items, weapons, and armor to survive
- Rescue a variety of unlockable character classes and spiffy hats
Skelly Selest (Switch – eShop) comes out on May 24th in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: Digerati PR
Vambrace: Cold Soul
Here’s the latest trailer for Vambrace: Cold Soul, alongside some more details:
Take on the role of Evelia Lyric as you embark on several expeditions that will truly test your mettle as a leader. Before departing, visit the recruiting board to assemble your team. Each member brings their unique strengths and abilities to combat and the expedition itself. Craft new items from old loot, make sure your party is properly equipped, and journey to the surface to fulfill your objectives. The path ahead will be fraught with difficulties, but every one of the game’s seven chapters offers unique challenges emphasizing different party combinations and a high level of replayability.
Lyric comes into ownership of an ancient relic known as the Aetherbrace, after her father’s passing. She then embarks from the human realm of Edena on an expedition into the frigid, Dwarven kingdom of Dokkheim. It is there she hopes to find answers that may reveal more about the strange artifact and her father’s mysterious past.
Vembrace: Cold Soul (Switch – eShop) comes out this Summer worldwide.
Source: Headup Games PR
Dead in Vinland
Dear Villagers have announced that Dead in Vinland is headed to the Nintendo Switch, this Summer.
Source: Dear Villagers PR