Today’s Nintendo eShop news: Nidhogg 2 announced for the Nintendo Switch, but also…
- 9 Monkeys of Shaolin
- Animated Jigsaws: Beautiful Japanese Scenery
- Save Me Mr. Tako
- Kid Tripp
- The Takeover
- Hyper Sentinel
9 Monkeys of Shaolin
Earlier this week, Sobaka Studio and Buka Entertainment announced 9 Monkeys of Shaolin, an old-school beat ’em up for the Nintendo Switch (running on Unreal Engine 4).
Here’s all you need to know about it:
9 Monkeys of Shaolin marks a true rebirth of the iconic brawler genre in vein of old-school video games. If, as a kid you had hours of fun playing SNES or SEGA beat ’em up videogames crushing foes left and right then this new title from the creators of hardcore brawler Redeemer is definitely for you!
As a mere Chinese fisherman Wei Cheng you have to avenge the death of your friends and family slaughtered in a pirate raid at your peaceful village. Game protagonist is quite a tough nut to crack as he knows the basics of ancient martial arts only mastered by legendary Shaolin monks. Get your trusty battle staff ready for a challenging adventure in Medieval China and for merciless fights with hordes of various enemies.
Action-packed battles, user friendly controls and incredible atmosphere of great kung-fu movies of 70s – all this makes 9 Monkeys of Shaolin a perfect choice for every true fan of really hardcore brawlers.
- 3 unique fighting styles: fight on earth, in the air or use mysterious magic seals. Combine these elements to defeat every enemy on your way.
- Captivating narrative: discover the fascinating story of Wei Cheng and follow him as he rises from a simple fisherman to the master of Shaolin martial arts.
- Stunning visual style: unlikely combination of historical and mystical elements gives you an exciting experience from every scene appears on screen.
- Extensive character development system: you learn a great deal of ways to victory as you discover various unlockable perks, items and fighting styles.
- More than 25 different levels: Chinese villages, pirate ship, Buddhist monasteries, Japanese mansions, ancient ruins and much more.
- 10 types of Chinese and Japanese polearms, each with its unique traits. Discover the landscapes to find new items!
- Co-op play: invite your friend to help you fight through growing waves of enemies and complete the game together.
9 Monkeys of Shaolin (Switch) comes out this Fall in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: Sobaka Studio / Buka Entertainment PR
Earlier this week, Mark Essen announced that Nidhogg 2 was headed to the Nintendo Switch, this year!
— Mark Essen (@messhof) March 20, 2018
The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Animated Jigsaws: Beautiful Japanese Scenery
Earlier this week, Rainy Frog announced Animated Jigsaws: Beautiful Japanese Scenery for the Nintendo Switch. It will be released on April 5th, and will cost $9.99 / 8.99€ / £7.99. Here’s all you need to know about it:
Piece together animated jigsaw puzzles of Japan’s most beautiful scenery and watch them gradually come to life before your eyes!
“Animated Jigsaws – Beautiful Japanese Scenery” contains moving images from spring, summer, autumn and winter capturing the natural beauty of Japan from all four seasons. Piece together scenes from some of Japanese most famous places including Mt. Fuji, Kyoto, Tokyo and the Snow Monkeys enjoying a bath in a natural hot spring! The hectic scramble crossing at the metropolitan Shibuya district in Tokyo is also included. An easy-to-use interface such as separating edge and inner pieces makes solving puzzles fun and relaxing.
- Solve puzzles with friends in multiplayer for up to 4 players
- Easy-to-play traditional jigsaw puzzle
- 10 animated scenes of beautiful scenery from Japan
- Famous locations taken from all seasons
- Selection of three background colors
- 3 sizes for each puzzle: 60, 120 and 240 pieces
- Saves time spent completing each puzzle and each size
- Separate edge and inner pieces
- Each piece snaps into place for stress-free experience
- Ability to snap individual pieces together
- Save a puzzle half way and continue later
- Selection of traditional Japanese music to choose from
Finally, here’s some screenshots:
Animated Jigsaws: Beautiful Japanese Scenery (Switch – eShop) comes out on April 5th, worldwide.
Earlier this week, Bscotch announced that Crashland will be released on Nintendo Switch this year. More details coming soon!
Crashland (Switch – eShop) comes out later this year. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: Bscotch (Twitter)
Earlier this week, Muro Studios announced Shadowbug for the Nintendo Switch. It will be released on March 30th, and will cost 8.99€ / $8.99. Here’s all you need to know about it:
You are the overpowered ninja hero Shadow Bug!
Save your home forest from the evil factory by slicing monsters to pieces.
Adventure through beautiful and twisted landscapes full of action and adventure as the ultimate ninja.
- Unique core mechanic: move by attacking enemies. Perfect for Nintendo Switch! Supports all game modes.
- 36 hand crafted levels filled with action, exploration and puzzles.
- 6 memorable boss fights.
- Mesmerizing art with picturesque parallax backgrounds and mystical silhouettes.
- Breathtaking soundscape with an epic soundtrack and immersive sound effects.
- Leaderboards for speedrunning levels.
- A completely new take on platformer games.
Shadowbug (Switch – eShop) comes out on March 30th in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Save Me Mr Tako
The latest blog post for Save Me Mr Tako is now available, and it’s all about the characters! Click here to check it out for yourself!
Save Me Mr Tako (Switch – eShop) does not have a release date yet.
Earlier this week, Cosen announced two games for the Nintendo Switch:
- Nihilumbra (action / puzzle, releasing this Summer in Japan)
- Ochi Ame Rakuyou: Defoliation (suspense/adventure, Summer 2018)
The Upcoming Games page has been updated with both games!
Source: Cosen (Twitter)
Four Horses has announced that the upcoming Ver. 1.2 update for the game would add two languages:
- Spanish (Latin America)
- French (Québec)
Here’s a screenshot showing the French (Québec) title screen:
Source: Four Horses (Twitter)
Here’s the latest video clip for The Takeover:
— The Takeover (@1TheTakeOver) March 24, 2018
The Takeover (Switch – eShop) does not have a release date yet.
Here’s the latest video clip for Hyper Sentinel:
— Huey Games (@huey_games) March 24, 2018
Hyper Sentinel (Switch) does not have a release date yet.