Today’s Nintendo eShop news: Aggelos announced for the Nintendo Switch, but also…
- Paranautical Activity
Last week, Pqube, LookAtMyGame, and Wonderboy Bobi announced that Aggelos (a retro-styled 2D action-adventure) was headed to the Nintendo Switch). It will be released later this year in Europe and North America, and will cost 12.49€ / $14.99 / £11.39.
Here’s all you need to know:
Step through time and discover a mesmerizing new action-RPG that looks like it was plucked straight out of the 16-bit era but plays like a modern-day marvel. Inspired by non-linear Japanese retro adventures such as Wonder Boy In Monster World, Aggelos hurls players into the middle of a colossal struggle for survival as beings from another dimension threaten to invade the peaceful Kingdom of Lumen.
Bursting with secrets and side-quests, and boasting slick melee combat that any 2D action game would envy, Aggelos is the perfect combination of retro style and modern-day game design.
REVIEW CODES FOR AGGELOS ON STEAM AVAILABLE NOW
- A vast kingdom to explore. Venture through forests, seas, cave systems and ancient temples as you seek to uncover the magical elements needed to save the world from total annihilation.
- A classical non-linear adventure. Explore a sprawling world that gradually reveals itself, Metroidvania-style, as you gain new abilities and equipment.
- Deadly encounters. Thwart towering bosses and their tricky minions as you take on perilous mainline quests and optional odd-jobs for the people of Lumen.
- Tactical depth. Unlock magical abilities and high-level attacks, expertly chaining these immense powers together to clear screens of enemies in seconds
- Stunning sprite art. Forget out-of-place modern art: Aggelos boasts superlative character designs and animations while remaining proudly, and faithfully, 16-bit through and through.
- Memorable chiptunes. Lose yourself to a retro-inspired soundtrack that floods the Kingdom of Lumen with life.
Aggelos (Switch – eShop) comes out later this year in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: PQube PR
Last week, Epic Games shared some details about what they’re currently working on for Fortnite, and more precisely Save the World:
- Player Reporting
- Canny Valley
- Heroes & Schematics
- Collection Book Research and Recruitment
- Collection Book Unslotting
- Builder Pro
- Mode-specific Keybindings
- Mission and Enemy Variety
- Challenge the Horde
- What is Challenge the Horde?
- Reworked Difficulty Progression
- Reworked Combat
- New Rewards
- Fortnite’s First Birthday
Click here for more details!
Source: Epic Games
Here’s some details about Paranautical Activity (an arena-based FPS that mixes old-school shooter action with a roguelite twist), which is releasing this very week in Europe and North America (on June 26th to be precise, and already available for pre-purchase in Europe with a 20% off discount):
Paranautical Activity is a first-person shooter that combines classic arena-style FPS action with roguelite elements. An intense and challenging test of precision, skill and reflexes awaits!
- Unique FPS/Roguelite combination
- Procedurally generated levels
- Insanely fast gameplay
- Hidden levels
- Over 100 items
- 40+ enemies
- Ridiculous bosses
- Kick-ass dub-step soundtrack
Paranautical Activity (Switch – eShop) comes out on June 26th in Europe and North America.
Source: Digerati PR