eShop news (July 17): Futari de! Nyanko Dai Sensou / Hollow Knight / WILL: A Wonderful World
Today’s Nintendo eShop news: minor details and first screenshots for Futari de! Nyanko Dai Sensou, but also…
- Hollow Knight
- WILL: A Wonderful World
- Wasteland 2: Director’s Cut
- My Girlfriend is a Mermaid?!
- Feudal Alloy
- Nairi: Tower of Shirin
- Bad North
- Planet Alpha
Futari de! Nyanko Dai Sensou
Today, the very first details about Futari de! Nyanko Dai Sensou were revealed. This brand new game in the Battle Cats series allows players to play in co-op, but also try out some mini-games. It will be released this Winter in Japan, and if The Battle Cats POP is any indication, it should also be released in Europe and North America (but nothing has been announced so far).
Here’s the first screenshots for the game:
Futari de! Nyanko Dai Sensou (Switch – eShop) comes out this Winter in Japan.
Here’s a trailer for the Gods & Glory DLC pack for Hollow Knight, releasing on August 23rd on all platforms (including the Nintendo Switch):
This DLC Pack is completely free, and includes new bosses, new NPCs, new secrets, and a brand new mode.
WILL: A Wonderful World
Yesterday, Circle Ent. announced yet another game for the Nintendo Switch. This one is called WILL: A Wonderful World, and it’s described as a “narrative experience”, where you get to influence the main character’s fate and solve various puzzles.
Here’s a trailer from the PC version of the game:
And here’s what the story is all about:
Use your heart and wisdom to help those in need.
There was an urban legend…
Write your troubles down on a note. Hold it in your hand at midnight and pray. “God, please help me…” Then god will hear your plea. And change your fate. It was only a legend though. It wasn’t even popular for very long…
A young girl wakes up, groggy in an unknown room. A talking dog appears before her and she becomes startled by the revelation he tells her: They are gods and it is their duty to change the fate of any humans that ask for their help. Letters appear in the mail and with pen in hand she begins her job.
People who believe in this legend live all over the world, in every shape and form. They write and pray to the gods, seeking help for their troubles:
- A quiet nerd stuck in a hopeless, one-sided crush.
- An impoverished artist that has lost all hope and contemplates suicide.
- A rookie police officer who burns with justice and hopes for his first big case.
- A young woman desperately chasing her dream against all odds.
- Even a stray cat that would just like some dried fish to eat.
With the power to change the fate of humankind, dive deep into the story and learn about those that seek out your help but, remember, changing someone’s fate will have an effect on others whether they are interconnected or not. As you read through each story, perhaps your memory will also return, but what will you learn about your character and her mission?
Finally, here’s the list of key features:
- Receive letters from people seeking help. Investigate their situations and alter their fate.
- The stories of the characters are gradually revealed to you in the letters they wrote. From these letters you will learn about their lives and help solve their problems.
- Use your powers to change the events that happen and watch as the story takes on a new course! Be cautious, however, of the consequences.
- Be sure to consider all details before making decisions; the fates of the characters depend on this. Life is full of surprises.
- Sometimes, thinking outside the box could uncover beautiful hidden gems. Be bold, be brave, and create the best memories together with our heroes!
- Each decision opens up the story and may even impact the stories of others.
- Progress through the game and also learn more about the two gods, the mysterious girl and her companion.
WILL: A Wonderful World (Switch – eShop) comes out later this year in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: Circle Ent. PR
Wasteland 2: Director’s Cut
Last week, inXile Entertainment announced the upcoming release of Wasteland 2: Director’s Cut on Nintendo Switch, this August. This version of the game has been enhanced by various improvements and additional content. The game itself offers an epic adventure across a post-nuclear American Southwest.
Here’s a trailer and the list of key features:
- One Size Does Not Fit All: Don’t feel like finding the key for a door? Feel free to pick the lock, bash it down with your boot, or just blow it open!
- Decision Making… with Consequences: With both short and long term reactivity, player choices ripple outwards, changing the game’s events and forever altering the lives of those in the wasteland.
- Huge & Customizable: Hundreds of characters. Thousands of variations on the Rangers’ appearances. Over 150 weapons. No two players will have the same experience.
- Perks & Quirks: Players can customize their squads even more! Perks & Quirks are special personality traits players can use to give their characters even more life, with their own unique bonuses… and drawbacks.
- Precision Strikes: Fire on enemies and debilitate them with tactical attacks! Cripple a leg to slow an enemy down, fire on their gun to blast it to bits, or aim for the head to knock them senseless – or blow it clean off.
- Expanded Voice Over: Over 8,000 lines of new voice-over dialog have been added for the game’s characters and companions, bringing the wasteland to life like never before.
With over 80 hours of gameplay, players will deck out their Desert Ranger squad with the most devastating weaponry this side of the fallout zone, test the limits of their strategy skills, and bring justice to the wasteland.
Wasteland 2: Director’s Cut (Switch – eShop) comes out this August in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: inXile Entertainment PR
My Girlfriend is a Mermaid?!
Heads up for players who backed My Girlfriend is a Mermaid?! on Kickstarter: BackerKit is now live! You need to register there if you want to receive your digital goods, and add your address for the physical goods. You an also upgrade your pledge if you want, but you’re under no obligation to do so.
For more details, check out the latest Kickstarter udpate for the game!
My Girlfriend is a Mermaid?! (Switch – eShop) does not have a release date yet.
Here’s a little “screenshot” that shows a behind-the-scene look at the game’s development:
Feudal Alloy (Switch – eShop) comes out this Summer in Europe and North America.
Source: Attu Games (Twitter)
Nairi: Tower of Shirin
Here’s the latest illustration for Nairi: Tower of Shirin:
Nairi: Tower of Shirin (Switch – eShop) does not have a release date yet.
Source: Home Bear Studio (Twitter)
Here’s the latest video clip for Bad North:
— Raw Fury overthrown by Vikings (send help) (@RawFury) July 16, 2018
Bad North (Switch – eShop) comes out this Summer in Europe and North America.
Here’s the latest video clips for Planet Alpha:
— PLANET ALPHA (@PLANETALPHA) July 16, 2018
Planet Alpha (Switch – eShop) comes out later this year in Europe and North America.