Today’s Nintendo eShop news: Space Otter Charlie announced for the Nintendo Switch, but also…
- The Girl from Arkanya
- Mighty Fight Federation
- Cyanide & Happiness – Freakpocalypse
Space Otter Charlie
The Quantum Astrophysicists Guild have announced their latest game for the Nintendo Switch: Space Otter Charlie, a puzzle platformer developed by Wayward Distractions. It will be released on March 18th in Europe and North America, and will cost 13.44€ / £11.84 / $14.99 / CA$20.13.
Here’s a trailer, some details, the list of key features, and some screenshots:
Jump, Float, and Rocket through Otter Space in this Zero-G Puzzle Platformer!
In a galaxy left wrecked by humankind, it’s up to some optimistic sea mammals to head out into… otter space! Join Charlie and his ragtag crew of critters on a daring mission through the galaxy as they search for a new planet to call home. Explore derelict space stations, battle unhinged robots, and enjoy some otterly terrific puns as you jump, float, and fly through over a dozen levels of furry fun.
With humanity gone, it’s up to the otters to save animal-kind from an inhospitable Earth. Join Charlie and his ragtag crew of critters on a daring mission through Otter Space as they search for a new planet to call home. Explore derelict space stations, battle unhinged robots, and enjoy some otterly terrific puns as you jump, float, and fly through over a dozen levels of furry fun.
Zero gravity gives classic puzzle platforming a whole new twist. Anything that’s not bolted down floats freely, making for a plethora of fresh new puzzles and predicaments. On your way, you’ll find plans to craft all kinds of gear, from jetpacks to ray guns – even a foam shark suit?! It all helps you on your quest for a furrier future!
- Zero-G Platforming – Turn your brain upside down as you jump, float, and rocket your way through physics-fueled levels.
- Cool Gear and Upgrades – Craft new gear and unlock new space otter skills from parts you find along the way. Pull out your Reflector Ray to ricochet your shots around corners or leave a path of destruction as you slide through enemies with the Electric Slide. From Jetpacks to missile launchers, Charlie’s got all the coolest toys.
- Wacky Space Suits – Sure, an otter’s gotta wear a suit to survive the deadly vacuum of space, but he can still look great (and CUTE) doing it! Plans for new suits are hidden through the game – each with a fun new look and its own unique and powerful weapon! Want to see an otter wearing a shark suit? Charlie’s got you covered.
- Action-Packed Multiplayer – Looking for more action? Battle your friends in frantic 4-player arenas. Fight for food supremacy in So Urchin mode, or just let the fur fly in a Furry Fury deathmatch.
- Become an Otternaut – Just how many hairs are in a square inch of sea otter fur? Dazzle your friends with this knowledge and more as you uncover all kinds of fun facts about sea otters hidden throughout the game.
- Fun for Everyone – packed with action, puzzles, and a healthy dose of cute, Space Otter Charlie is designed for all ages to enjoy.
- Use all your abilities to pull off trick shots and damage enemies
- “Swim” as an otter through zero gravity, jetpack through dangerous new areas
- Enjoy local multiplayer modes with a friend
- Collect blueprints and level up your weapons, tools, and suits
- Learn more about your furry friends with fun facts as you explore
Space Otter Charlie (Switch – eShop) comes out on March 18th in Europe and North America.
Source: The Quantum Astrophysicists Guild PR
The Girl from Arkanya
Here’s the latest video for The Girl from Arkanya:
Also, the latest Kickstarter update is now live: click here to check it out!
The Girl from Arkanya (Switch – eShop) does not have a release date yet.
Mighty Fight Federation
Forthright Entertainment have announced a game for the Nintendo Switch: Mighty Fight Federation, an arena fighter. It will be released sometime in March in Europe and North America.
Here’s some details, the list of key features, and some screenshots:
A lovingly-crafted homage to classic 3D arena fighters of yesteryear, Mighty Fight Federation has a zen-like focus on fighting game fundamentals to deliver a frenetic multiplayer no-holds-barred competitive fighting experience with a twist.
Mighty Fight Federation has spent six months in the Early Access gym practising its combos in which time the roster has filled up with 13 warriors from across the multiverse. Whether players prefer a powerful mauler, an agile technician or an unpredictable wildcard – Mighty Fight Federation’s squad is ready to go with a mix of exciting original characters and licensed crossovers including classics like ’Toejam & Earl’ and ‘Yooka and Laylee’, with ‘Kunio & Riki’ from River City Ransom coming soon as DLC. Now, the game’s incredible line-up is set to enter the ring and do battle against one another in the most electrifying pay-per-view event in the universe – The Mighty Fight Federation!
Mighty Fight Federation’s innovative combat system features ‘Hype’ mechanics that gives players the option to zone, evade, counter and play mind-games with their opponents no matter their fighting style. Unlike traditional fighters, in Mighty Fight Federation attacks can’t be blocked; instead, combos and attacks can be disrupted by spending hype energy. Dealing and receiving damage builds up Hype Energy which can be spent on Breakers to reverse an opponent’s attack or create custom combos. Activating their stock of Hype Energy at the right moment can be the decider between players inhaling the sweet smell of victory or laying on the ground bloodied, broken and shamed in defeat.
Mighty Fight Federation is playable with up to four players and crossplay ensures that epic chaotic clashes can take place locally or online. Comprehensive tutorials and training modes mean players of all abilities and fighting game backgrounds can hit the ground running, while veteran fighters can be sure they are landing every punch in this balanced and highly-competitive brawler thanks to its rollback netcode. Whether it’s a mono-e-mono, a triple threat or a fatal four-way, competitors can jump into the action and join the foray 24/7.
- Battle with up to 4 players locally and online
- Experience “what if” endings in Arcade Mode
- Get good with comprehensive in-game tutorials and Training Mode
- Pick from a roster of 13 outlandish characters, each with their unique play-styles, combos and special moves
- Place traps, throw explosive projectiles and charge in with rush-down combos
- Build energy to spend on combo Breakers or spend it all on a Hype Factor activation that can turn the tide of battle. The right choice can make all the difference
- Crossplay allows console and PC players to go toe-to-claw with each other
- Rollback netcode ensures that competitive players know they have landed every combo
- A killer soundtrack featuring music by Tee Lopes (Sonic Mania), James Landino (RWBY, No Straight Roads), Vince DiCola (Rocky IV, Transformers) and Manami Matsumae (Mega Man, Shovel Knight)
- Mighty Fight will continue to grow our roster of fighters with new original and crossover characters!
Mighty Fight Federation (Switch – eShop) comes out in March in Europe and North America.
Source: Forthright Entertainment PR
Cyanide & Happiness – Freakpocalypse
Serenity Forge have announced that Cyanide & Happiness – Freakpocalypse will be released on Marchj 11th in Europe and North America. It will offer about 10 hours of gameplay.
Here’s a trailer, some details, and the list of key features:
Play a point-and-click adventure as Coop “Go Away, Weirdo” McCarthy, surviving the apocalyptic hell that is high school! Make unlikely friends, investigate your surroundings for helpful items and narrowly avoid death in the first game of this trilogy of tragedy!
Cyanide & Happiness – Freakpocalypse is a love letter from Explosm to the games they grew up with; inspired by classic point-and-click adventure games, the team behind the webcomic sought to bring back that experience while giving fans a chance to interact with the characters and universe they love. Built on the same casually dark humor found in the comics, expect a rollercoaster of chaos that’s just another day in the world of Cyanide & Happiness, all while trying to make it to prom alive!
- Enjoy a fully-voiced cast of characters drawn from the Cyanide & Happiness universe
- Talk to, interact with or investigate nearly everything in your environment
- Choose from a plethora of costumes and accessories as you make your way through the Freakpocalypse
- Discover a variety of alternate endings, based on how good (or bad) you are at the game
Cyanide & Happiness – Freakpocalypse (Switch – eShop) comes out on March 11th in Europe and North America.
Source: Serenity Forge PR
The Upcoming Games page has been updated!