Today’s Nintendo eShop news: Hyperforma announced for the Nintendo Switch, but also…
- Some Distant Memory
- Damascus Gear: Operation Osaka
- Hindsight 20/20
HeroCraft have announced another game for the Nintendo Switch: Hyperforma, a story-driven puzzler in a cyberpunk setting developed by Nord Unit. It will be released on September 5th in Europe and North America.
Here’s a trailer, some details, the list of key features, and some screenshots for the game:
In Hyperforma, you merge with an ancient network to uncover the mysteries surrounding a vanished society. While exploring cyberspace, you run into ancient masters that guard secrets and consider you an enemy to the system. Level up and earn new abilities that allow you to hack into increasingly complex systems. With over 80 levels, there are many mind-boggling puzzles to solve and ancient bosses to defeat. Each hacked system will bring you one step closer to finding the answers you seek. Hyperforma is a fun story-driven puzzler in a cyberpunk setting that puts your problem-solving skills to the test.
- Explore the ancient network, an artifact of a vanished civilization.
- Titanic ancient bosses to defeat: In the ancient network, you are the enemy. To get the answers you seek, you must hack your way through complex systems, including ancient beings that don’t want you to proceed.
- Become a master hacker: There are over 80 puzzles for you to crack.
- Brick-breaker gameplay leveled up: With many abilities available throughout the campaign, take brick-breaker gameplay to all-new levels with mechanics and features not yet associated with classic brick-breaker gameplay.
- Story-driven campaign: Uncover the mysteries surrounding a lost civilization.
- A wonderful cyberpunk soundtrack.
Hyperforma (Switch – eShop) comes out on September 5th in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: HeroCraft PR
Some Distant Memory
Galvanic Games have announced their second game for the Nintendo Switch: Some Distant Memory (published by Way Down Deep). It will be released later this year in Europe and North America.
Here’s a trailer, some details, the list of key features, and some screenshots:
Set 300 years after the collapse of civilization, Some Distant Memory tells the story of an archaeologist searching the desolate remains of Earth with her AI companion. Seeking relics from a time when humans could breathe Earth’s air and walk outside without a suit, Professor Zay makes the largest archaeological discovery in wasteland history – a single house, mysteriously preserved, containing the life memories of an entire family.
By scanning photos, journals, and other items in the house, Zay and the ARORA AI are able to reveal things as they once were, digitally recreate moments from the past, and learn the profound stories of those who lived and loved one another before their world was destroyed.
SDM is a heartfelt story about relationships, creativity, and the importance of remembering those that are gone. With only a handful of people remaining on Earth, could Professor Zay discover the path to mankind’s survival?
- Play as a future archaeologist discovering a cast of other characters from past Earth. Examine relics and relive their stories in the order you choose.
- Navigate the ruins of humanity’s past – a house buried underground during the mysterious Collapse 300 years ago.
- Search for objects and messages that reveal the lives of those who witnessed the end of the world.
- Discover and unlock Memories to recreate scenes from the past with the help of your AI companion.
- Piece together clues that reveal the mystery of fallen Earth and the events that led to the end of civilization.
Some Distant Memory (Switch – eShop) comes out later this year in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: Galvanic Games PR
Damascus Gear: Operation Osaka
Arc System Works have announced that a second Damascus Gear game is coming to the Nintendo Switch. It’s called Damascus Gear: Operation Osaka, and it will be released on August 29th worldwide.
Here’s a trailer:
Here’s some details about the story:
The GEAR System was revealed by the Atsuga Corporation in the mid-21st century, revolutionizing all technologies and allowing for the perfection of piloted humanoid robots called GEARs. With the outbreak of the World War Four in 2050 and the loss of control of the GEAR System that followed, the world changed completely. The berserk GEARs became know as RAGE, and combat GEARs around the world began a total massacre of humanity. Humanity was pushed to the brink of extinction, but a few survivors escaped underground and began analyzing the GEAR System to prepare for a counterattack.
The war between humans and RAGE was exceedingly fierce, but thanks to the counter-RAGE organization Freyja and a certain GEAR mercenary, they steadily began recovering key locations on the surface. In 2112, over 50 years after the war began, humanity reclaimed Japan from the RAGE.
30 years later, a beacon of light and hope, the Cosmopolis was built upon Osaka. A pilot with an inherited GEAR and huge debt sets out with his Operator to become a Ranker in the Arena. It will not be a story for the history books, but simply a battle for their freedom…
And some about the gameplay:
The goal of Damascus Gear: Operation Osaka is to repay the hero’s significant debt before the due date. In the Cosmopolis, GEAR pilots fight day and night in the Arena for large sums of Eyn (this world’s currency). The hero will participate in the Arena as a Ranker, aiming to use the prize money to repay his debt. Once per day, the hero can choose to go on a mission or enter the Arena.
During missions, you explore dungeons to collect new parts, while you can win prize money and rank up by fighting in the Arena. Complete missions to enhance your GEAR, and earn prize money in the Arena before the due date. If you don’t make it by the due date…
Next, here’s the list of key features:
- ARENA MODE Fight action packed battles against other mechs to win both money and Arena Points. Obtaining Arena Points increases your rank, opening up more opportunity. The fights can range between intense 1v1 clashes to having a variety of special conditions to win.
- MISSION MODE Explore the Cosmopolis dungeon, a sprawling area that changes every time you enter, to collect parts and other items for your GEAR. Raise your rank in the Arena to unlock more difficult dungeons, and complete special sub missions to unlock bonus rewards.
- GEAR CUSTOMIZATION Make changes to and customize your GEAR, in an unprecedented amount of ways! GEARs have 8 components to upgrade: head, body, arms, legs, shoulders, right weapon, left weapon, and back weapon. With over 1000 parts, 80 unique traits to choose from, and custom paint jobs, your GEAR will become truly yours.
- PILOT UPGRADES A first for the series, level up and customize your GEAR pilot as well, choosing from five different stats to build up.
- EXPANSIVE CAST OF CHARACTERS Over 40 unique characters to interact with as the story progresses.
- PROCEDURAL ARENAS Never fight on the same map twice! New routes, treasures, and enemies await you each time you take on a mission.
- DATA MODE Data Mode contains the Damascus Gear timeline, glossary of terms, explanations of parts and traits, and more. Dive deep into the world of Damascus Gear!
Finally, here’s some screenshots:
Damascus Gear: Operation Osaka (Switch – eShop) comes out on August 29th worldwide. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: Arc System Works
Here’s some details and screenshots for Hindsight 20/20:
Moral dilemmas are the backbone of Hindsight 20/20. Every choice and action is recorded by the Experience Engine. Gameplay, Story, NPC behaviors, World states, Bosses are all constantly changing and adapting to your choices and actions.
Hindsight 20/20 (Switch – eShop) does not have a release date yet.
Source: Triple-I Games (Twitter)