Today’s Nintendo eShop news: Black Salt Coreuption announced for the Nintendo Switch, but also…
Black Salt Coreuption
Ratti Entertainment have announced that Black Salt Coreuption, a one-on-one 3D arena fighting game based on the Black Salt franchise, is headed to the Nintendo Switch later this year, in Europe and North America. Unlike other fighters, this game allows for complete freedom of movement around an arena.
The developers are planning to have the following content in the final version of the game:
- 12 playable characters
- 12 levels including 3 moving arenas
- survival and tag battle modes
- 4 players fight (free for all, team)
- voice acting
- special chi
- chores meter
- alternate character costumes
- cutscenes for the story mode.
Here’s a trailer, some details, and some screenshots:
In Black Salt Coreuption, Gatling and his team are responding to a distress call from an unknown source. That ends up getting sucked into a dimensional portal where they find themselves stranded in a mysterious forest in a world that is unfamiliar to them. While trying to get themselves home, they run into another hero, Black Salt, who has also been abducted from his world. With a common cause, they decide to team up to find a way back and figure out what is going on.
Black Salt Coreuption (Switch – eShop) comes out later this year in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: Ratti Entertainment PR
Modus Games have announced that Vaporum (a first person, grid-based, single-player dungeon crawler game) will be released on April 11th in Europe and North America. The game will cost 24.99€ / £19.99 / $24.99.
Here’s plenty of details and some screenshots for the game:
Vaporum is a grid-based, single-player dungeon crawler game, that uses a first-person perspective in an original steampunk setting. The game is inspired by old-school games like Dungeon Master I and II, the Eye of the Beholder series and the more recent Legend of Grimrock I and II. Stranded in the middle of an ocean, in front of a gigantic tower, the hero must find out what the place is, what happened there, and most importantly, who he is.
Prepare to fight – you’ll encounter many enemies along your path. Each type has a distinctive set of strengths, weaknesses, and attack and defence mechanisms, so you’ll have to employ different tactics to beat them. Choose wisely when equipping yourself with gear; weapons differ from one another not only by damage levels and appearance, but also in terms of their unique bonuses or behaviours.
Use a wide range of skills thanks to the gadget-based RPG system: direct attacks, area attacks, offensive and defensive buffs, etc. But be careful, because while they are powerful, they also drain your energy. Remember that some enemies are immune to certain types of attack, so you will have to figure out the best way to deal with every encounter the game throws at you.
Solve intriguing puzzles and level-wide objectives where you will need to use both your wits and reflexes. While most riddles are contained in a single room, progression objectives can span entire levels, or even multiple ones.
Instead of increasing the abilities of your human character, improve your exoskeleton. Equip yourself with various items and define your own playstyle. Change your loadout at any time to adapt to all kinds of unexpected situations. As your exoskeleton becomes more powerful by absorbing a special substance – fumium – from defeated enemies, you will be able to unlock useful areas of the exo-rig, gaining significant permanent attribute bonuses and passive skills. Simply put – prepare for tonnes of customisation.
– Fight in real time – First-person real-time combat with deadly foes with varied abilities and behaviours.
– Fully voiced main characters – Find out what happened to the inhabitants of the tower with fully voiced phono-diaries kept by the main story’s protagonists.
– Tonnes of customisation options – The gadget-based RPG system allows you to evolve your exoskeleton and define your own playstyle.
– Absorb fumium from defeated enemies – Unlock additional circuits in your exoskeleton and gain new bonuses and skills.
– Plenty of Puzzles – Solve level-wide objectives and puzzles that vary in difficulty.
– Exploration and loot – Look for optional passages filled with additional challenges and rewards.
– What happened in the mysterious tower? – A storyline full of dark secrets and unexpected twists.
– Tactical Combat – Use various attacks and read your opponents – each enemy has a different set of strengths and weaknesses.
–Immersive steampunk setting – Beautiful graphics, stunning sound design and an atmosphere that makes you aware of the constant danger lurking around every corner.
Vaporum (Switch – eShop) comes out on April 11th in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: Modus Games PR